Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

I went to the grocery store to buy cookies. cookie I found a package of Chips Ahoy that was labeled "50th Anniversary".

It suddenly struck me: I remember very clearly when they were first introduced. Whoa. eyebrow Fifty years? wide eyed faint

What makes YOU feel over the hill?

Jun 21st new

You know you are "old" when......

Your favorite songs and t.v. shows are now called "classic" or "retro".

The "younger" fashions look ridiculous when you wear them and they make you feel ridiculous.

The vitamin supplements you take are for 50+.

You drink less alcohol and the alcohol you do purchase is higher priced and higher quality-sipping and enjoying a good cocktail or vintage is more important than getting wasted.

You have confidence in yourself and your decisions so you don't care what others think about you-I no longer have my nails manicured and polished. They are nice, clean, trimmed and healthy but are not at an unreasonable length like claws and they are not fussy with colors and decals and decorations.

When out on the town on a Saturday night, you wear outfits that are classy and sensual; not trashy and sexy.

Your style is dictated by your heart and your essence, not by fashion and trends-I wear white after Labor Day and I decorate my living space with a retro pink flamingo mirror and a retro pink flamingo porcelain figurine I bought at an antique store and with some original works of art from local artists who I have met.

That's about all from me! lil mikie

Jun 21st new
About six years ago, while wearing a bomber-style leather jacket and carrying a book about, I think, the Luftwaffe, I stopped in at a drugstore to pick up a prescription. The Arab pharmacist said to me, "Excuse me, sir, but I'm curious....did you serve in the Second World War?". I arrived home in some anxiety, which my wife dispelled by saying "Relax, who knows how much history they teach where he's from? He may think the war took place in the 1980's". Which was probably the correct explanation, but I took a searching look at myself in the mirror all the same.
Jun 21st new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: About six years ago, while wearing a bomber-style leather jacket and carrying a book about, I think, the Luftwaffe, I stopped in at a drugstore to pick up a prescription. The Arab pharmacist said to me, "Excuse me, sir, but I'm curious....did you serve in the Second World War?". I arrived home in some anxiety, which my wife dispelled by saying "Relax, who knows how much history they teach where he's from? He may think the war took place in the 1980's". Which was probably the correct explanation, but I took a searching look at myself in the mirror all the same.
I took advantage of the 55+ menu at Oerkins last week while out with my son. The receipt clearly said (SR).
Jun 21st new
You know you're old when your Pastor refers to as an, "Old Broad". Yep, true story.
To put this in perspective....he turned 60 in February and I will be 60 next week, so my reply to him is, "I'll always be younger than you are, you old fart"! laughing laughing
Jun 21st new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

I went to the grocery store to buy cookies. I found a package of Chips Ahoy that was labeled "50th Anniversary".

It suddenly struck me: I remember very clearly when they were first introduced. Whoa. Fifty years?

What makes YOU feel over the hill?

When I see parents in church whose children are receiving their 1st holy communion and I remembered when they received theirs. Watching adults in church and seeing them with their children, makes me realize that they are the younger generation and I am not LOL
Jun 21st new
When a teen in the neighborhood asks you if he may carry your groceries for you. It's good he can't read minds.
Jun 21st new
When you try to use an example from the old Westerns in class and discover that none of your students knows who Roy Rogers is and none had ever seen a real western. . .yep that hurt lol
Jun 21st new
Or, how about this, when your one grandbaby runs you ragged in a single day and you try and try to figure out how you could manage four under the age of five every day all day when you were just a mom . . . lol. . .
Jun 21st new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: When you try to use an example from the old Westerns in class and discover that none of your students knows who Roy Rogers is and none had ever seen a real western. . .yep that hurt lol
I hear you, Lauren!

We had a standing joke in our house when talking about someone who acted mature, we'd say, "like Victor." No one has a clue what I mean anymore.
Posts 1 - 10 of 200