Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Modesty

Jun 21st 2014 new
I don't understand why so many men don't appreciate modesty. Women who are modest have an impossible time finding decent men. When we do find one we are interested in, well they are not interested. Any of my other chicas have this problem?
Jun 21st 2014 new
(quote) Marita-847688 said: I don't understand why so many men don't appreciate modesty. Women who are modest have an impossible time finding decent men. When we do find one we are interested in, well they are not interested. Any of my other chicas have this problem?
I think men on this site do appreciate modesty. Making blanket statements about men is never a good way of thinking.
Jun 21st 2014 new
(quote) Patrick-341178 said: I think men on this site do appreciate modesty. Making blanket statements about men is never a good way of thinking.
What you say is true for some, but not for all. I was talking about some men. I guess I made a blanket statement because it seemed true of a lot of men.
Jun 21st 2014 new
(quote) Marita-847688 said: What you say is true for some, but not for all. I was talking about some men. I guess I made a blanket statement because it seemed true of a lot of men.
I think it is partially true depending on the age of the men you are seeking. I see immodesty as a turn off at any age.
Jun 21st 2014 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: I think it is partially true depending on the age of the men you are seeking. I see immodesty as a turn off at any age.
Mid 20 something to thirty something should be grown up about that by now. Men that age who are seeking courtship should be looking for someone they can introduce to mom. angel
Jun 21st 2014 new
(quote) Marita-847688 said: Mid 20 something to thirty something should be grown up about that by now. Men that age who are seeking courtship should be looking for someone they can introduce to mom.
I totally agree with you. It is not the culture in which we live, and that is a sad commentary on our society. But I so totally agree with you. I'm sorry if my comment came out wrong.
Jun 21st 2014 new
(quote) Marita-847688 said: I don't understand why so many men don't appreciate modesty. Women who are modest have an impossible time finding decent men. When we do find one we are interested in, well they are not interested. Any of my other chicas have this problem?
Interestingly enough, in many of the previous modesty discussions in the CM forums women have been among those attacking the men and women who encouraged modesty.

Jun 21st 2014 new
It is because you meet liberal / modernist Catholics. Search for traditional Catholic men, they value modesty and chastity.
Jun 21st 2014 new
(quote) Carolina-1069841 said: It is because you meet liberal / modernist Catholics. Search for traditional Catholic men, they value modesty and chastity.
Welcome Carolina to the forums.
I must be of the Traditionalist vein because I support modesty and chastity as well.
Jun 21st 2014 new
No, it didn't come out wrong. You are fine.
Posts 1 - 10 of 200