Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Still no response

Jun 22nd new

Here it is 2 months after my first post; and guess what?; still NO response...I joined as a paying member to write or message to a gentleman I found may have some in common interests...I have yet to receive a response. I don't know about the women on CM; but I can tell you the men don't even acknowledge a message. When my time is up I am going to end this. I joined because I am alone and want a partner to do things with, this has not worked out for me...so I will bid CM good bye. I bet their mama's did not raise them to be rude and not answer when someone speaks/writes to them. At least an I'm not interested would be better than -0-.

Jun 24th new
I have been told on this site that when a gentleman doesn't respond to messages, phone calls, and texts the no response is a response. The silence and non-communication is the way that certain gentleman chooses to respond and communicate. Therefore, silence=response.
Jun 24th new
(quote) Bridget-884672 said: I have been told on this site that when a gentleman doesn't respond to messages, phone calls, and texts the no response is a response. The silence and non-communication is the way that certain gentleman chooses to respond and communicate. Therefore, silence=response.
....and the same can be said of women! shhh muted
Jun 24th new
(quote) Linda-624584 said: ....and the same can be said of women!
Very true, Linda! Sadly, a lot of people don't have the courtesy to reply at all even when it is a message of encouragement or support! ashamed

On a lighter note, looks like it's your birthday! Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday! Wishing you an abundance of God's blessings on your special day! hug
Jun 24th new

I feel ya. The men here are, mostly, pathetic when it comes to companionship. They may be perfectly nice men, but definitely complacent when it comes to women. I'll have been here 10 years by the time my sub runs out, and I say good riddance! In the time I've been here I've become more of the man I need than anyone I've met yet.

Jun 24th new
Katherine hello. If it was your birthday, belated too.

What was mentioned earlier are all true facts at CM & these were mentioned on earlier posts as well. Different men different views and approaches. No response is a normal norm in here. At first it seems weird, disappointing, frustrating but you will learn to deal with it and accept that it happens and just move on, do not take it personally just remember they might have reasons for doing so.

Though there are still gentlemen who respond & correspond. And there are some men too who initiates and make the move. Each of us have our own experiences and up to us how we handle them and we make choices and decide accordingly.

At CM, I learned to enjoy the other features and make the most of it. Read, participate at the forums, polls, checked the chat room or be inspired by the success stories. And equally important, I gained friends in here and found my inspiration.

Happiness & Blessings to all of us.

Jun 24th new
(quote) Linda-624584 said: ....and the same can be said of women!
agree with you Linda!

btw: happy birthday to you too! Happy Birthday!
Jun 24th new
I agree that it would be more courteous to reply to an email, but as you have seen, many times you get no reply. In fact, in many cases, the person does not even bother to look at your profile! (Of course, some members are inactive, but many have been active and still not looked at my profile.)

So far, I have not received a reply email from anyone who is more than a year younger than I am. Not sure about the ages that you have been contacting, but the older you get, the smaller the pool is. If you have not done this already, you might try contacting some men older than you are, and see if you get better results.

Richard

Jun 29th new
Picture all of us in the church basement or hall having coffee and donuts after Mass. It's a special gathering for singles looking to meet other singles. We all chose to go there.

Everyone is just standing around, looking at each other....girls on one side of the room and boys on the other. You muster the courage to go over to the other side of the room and say hello to someone you think may be interesting, but he or she turns away with no response.

That's what seems to be happening here in cyberspace.

Be assured, though, that this phenomena is not unique to this dating site. I came here with the hope that maybe Catholic men who are seeking Catholic women would be, ummm, more sincere in their purpose for joining this site. (And the same goes for we women!) Unfortunately I'm finding no difference here. My theory is that the veil of anonymity on all dating sites, including CM, allows turning our backs on each other to be easier than if we were all meeting face-to-face.

We need to be positive and not so serious about meeting someone here on CM, or anywhere else for that matter. We must remember to discern what God's will is for us in life, and not be stubborn as to only want what we think is best for ourselves. Yes, it's a cross to be alone and/or lonely. It's also a grace-filled period in one's life which we can use to strengthen our relationship with God, as well as our relationships with family, friends, co-workers, and our neighbors.

If it is God's will for me to remarry, He'll put that man in my path. If it is His will for me to remain single until He calls me to Himself, so be it. I may not like it, but who am I to say no to my Creator?

But in the meantime, no response to an emotigram or email is really not very gentlemanly or ladylike. Just my $.02.

Jun 30th new
Richard, Enjoyed your advice. Men older than me? Well, there are a few. My age group want to meet someone within walking distance (just kidding.)
Posts 1 - 10 of 37