Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Everyone that looks at my profile I usually respond to with at least Hello! Or if you are emailing someone you ask them a question and there is no response. They keep asking you questions but they do not tell you about themselves. I am starting to get frustrated and I know it is men and women. I understood we are all broken and hurt but we need to give each other a chance. People are a gift and should be cherished. We need to meet everyone where they are understand and accept them. I know it is a dating website but you can be friendly and make some new friends. I guess because I am new I do understand how this works. I would prefer a response rather then be ignored. Your thoughts. Ruth
Jun 25th 2014 new

I have been told on this site that when a gentleman doesn't respond to messages, phone calls, and texts the no response is a response. The silence and non-communication is the way that certain gentleman chooses to respond and communicate. Therefore, silence=response.

Jun 25th 2014 new
From my experiences, it has been best not to take anything too personally when using online sites. Reach out and be true to yourself: it sounds like you greet each view with a smile and a hello! Whether the other party responds is out of your hands. A non response would let me know that a particular man was either not interested in me, or not available for a relationship. Either way, move on to the next one! :):)

Jun 25th 2014 new
Bridget: I SO agree with you. (I had to leave a comment, giving you a 'thumbs up' didn't seem sufficient to me:))
Jun 25th 2014 new
If a guy doesn't respond to me, the correspondence ends. I don't take it too personally because I don't know them in real life and I just figure they lost interest or are unable to respond. Either way, not much I can do. Personally if someone isn't interested in me online, I prefer for them not to say so, but I know others feel differently on this...
Jun 25th 2014 new
(quote) Ruth-1093777 said: Everyone that looks at my profile I usually respond to with at least Hello! Or if you are emailing someone you ask them a question and there is no response. They keep asking you questions but they do not tell you about themselves. I am starting to get frustrated and I know it is men and women. I understood we are all broken and hurt but we need to give each other a chance. People are a gift and should be cherished. We need to meet everyone where they are understand and accept them. I know it is a dating website but you can be friendly and make some new friends. I guess because I am new I do understand how this works. I would prefer a response rather then be ignored. Your thoughts. Ruth
Ruth, I'm sorry your hurt and confused. I think we've all been there. Please do not let it get you frustrated. It's just one aspect of on-line dating. We can't control what others do, even if we think what they're doing is rude, and it's best if we don't have any expectations. We need to just get used to it and move on when people ignore our messages. Remember that not all opportunities are the right ones for us.
Jun 25th 2014 new
Ruth,
Apparently this is an ongoing issue. I feel that it is RUDE. It really comes down to the fact that such people are ill bred and, they haven't been able to rise above it. Shame on them! It sure is a turn off in my book.
Blessings,
Maryjane
Jun 25th 2014 new
Don't worry about things you can't control. biggrin There could be many reason why they can't respond or don't want to respond but unfortunately there is nothing you can do about that. So just move on. If they keep asking questions and they are not sharing about themselves, keep your answers short and ask questions too. Hopefully they will start sharing; it only works if it's a two-way communication! wave

Jun 26th 2014 new
Hi Ruth. To add to what had been shared so far, this concern had been brought up in earlier threads too. It was mentioned that some men and women had similar concerns of getting no responses. Initially, one feels annoyed, disappointed but as you explore the topics at the forums you will learn more, will understand and you would come to terms that it is not only you. No response may mean no interest, you have to move on, or that person thinks you may not have much in common, or a concern on location, or the person is not a fully paid member so he cannot reply but can only send limited emoticons. It normally helps to check the other features of CM like the forums, polls, success stories and personally speaking I met and gained good friends both men and women. Enjoy it at CM. Happiness & Peace to you & to all of us.
Jun 26th 2014 new

I'm hoping I don't upset anyone by what I'm about to say, but as the lone male contributor to this thread, I'm intending the following as purely constructive advice which any and all make take or leave at their own discretion.

That said, I'd advise a moratorium on threads like this, as well as threads with titles like "why can't I find love," and "why do they all ignore me."

While I think there's something to be said for the kind of emotional awareness that it takes to bear your heart for all to see, I think that just posting a thread like this undermines your chances of generating the interest of male singles and could possibly make them wary of you in the future. While I'm not justifying the kind of apathy and indifference endemic on social media fora throughout the internet, many males will interpret a thread such as this as evidence of a tendency on the part of the OP to form attachments too easily.

As a melancholic man, the opposite temperament from Pope Francis (who I adore, so, this is not intended as a veiled shot at him but only a fair criticism of his style and lack of reserve), who is, I think a sanguine personality through and through, I'm someone who exercises a prudent reserve with respect to matters of the heart. To not do so is to reveal one's hand prematurely.

Prudence dictates the proper context of when, where and with whom I should lower my defenses and allow myself to become emotionally vulnerable, I try my utmost to guard against "casting pearls before swine," and discharging my emotions in the open, and for all to see. I do this in recognition of the fact that such a naked exposure could cost me in terms of future interaction, so, it's best to be coolheaded about these sorts of things, especially if you want to understand how the male brain works.

If you feel the need to pour out your sentiments in the future, I'd advise confining it in-house to the women's only forum, where it won't have the unintended side effect of generating negative attention.

Posts 1 - 10 of 37