Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

LDR date ideas

Jun 29th 2014 new
I've hit it off with a wonderful woman and for financial and scheduling reasons we can't meet face to face until late in August. We have had a few Skype calls and we chat nearly everyday. I am just looking for some ideas for things that we might be able to do over Skype that isn't just us sitting there talking every time. I've heard a couple of ideas and was wondering if anyone here had some 'out of the box' ideas. Thanks in advance.

Jun 29th 2014 new
I don't remember where I saw it but it was in one of the success stories they post on here sometimes about people getting married after meeting on here. I really liked it, basically as part of their LDR they would do things simultaneously and then connect on them. They might go to Mass at the same time, watch a movie at the same time, etc. I think that's a pretty cool way to move closer to sort of doing things together while still being apart.

Good luck hope it goes well!

Jun 29th 2014 new
Congratulations on meeting someone nice! I hope everything works out well.

I have heard of couples praying the rosary together on Skype. Also, I think you could probably work out a way to play games together like chess or scrabble or things like that.

You might also try cooking together, each in your own kitchen. Or have one person lead the other person through some recipe instructions.

Blessings.
Jun 29th 2014 new
William,
I have been in a LDR since March and we have FaceTime'd numerous times Here are some ideas:
1. Pray
2. Read the day's mass readings the night before and discuss them the next day
3. Show photographs of your family and friends
4. If you have a portable camera, show your living quarters
5. Read exerpts from Catholic-based books (Matthew Kelly, Scott Hahn, etc.)
6. Each asks a question that requires a thoughtful answer, such as "Who is your favorite saint and why?"
Good luck with everything!!
Fran

Jun 29th 2014 new
(quote) William-1004521 said: I've hit it off with a wonderful woman and for financial and scheduling reasons we can't meet face to face until late in August. We have had a few Skype calls and we chat nearly everyday. I am just looking for some ideas for things that we might be able to do over Skype that isn't just us sitting there talking every time. I've heard a couple of ideas and was wondering if anyone here had some 'out of the box' ideas. Thanks in advance.

You can download skype onto your smart phone so you can skype while out and about, especially if there is something cool and interesting you want each other to see.

Jun 29th 2014 new
Say! There're some great ideas here! I've done the watch a movie at the same time (shared my Netflix acct info) then call/skype to talk about it afterward... great fun!

There's a website on the subject; sorry, I can 't find the link ... try 'googling' "Long distance dating ideas"

LDR's CAN lead to something special... Mine did, and may not yet be over; God has planted a seed that I can feel growing in my heart ... just can't tell what it is, yet.

Good luck!
Jun 29th 2014 new
(quote) William-1004521 said: I've hit it off with a wonderful woman and for financial and scheduling reasons we can't meet face to face until late in August. We have had a few Skype calls and we chat nearly everyday. I am just looking for some ideas for things that we might be able to do over Skype that isn't just us sitting there talking every time. I've heard a couple of ideas and was wondering if anyone here had some 'out of the box' ideas. Thanks in advance.

It might sound silly but you could setup a date where you guys dress up, share a meal at the same time, put on some music, take turns on music selections, and dance with the help of Skype.You can come up with other date themes. Also take pictures of things that are meaningful to you and share them with each other. The attraction is there, this is an excellent opportunity to work on strenghtening your friendship and enhancing the bond you two have already formed. I wish you both well!!!!!!!! biggrin
Jun 29th 2014 new
What about card games and board games?

:)
Jun 30th 2014 new

rolling eyes OK, I know this is going to sound really stupid in the light of today's Skype/Smartphone world, but it worked great for my 5th graders to get to know the country's geography/ and for my 8th graders to get an idea of political awareness/trends in families scattered around the USA. It's based on the book, Flat Stanley, and each of you sends the other a photo of yourself (or makes a two-dimensional whimsical full-body drawing!) to take around for a week, as you go about your daily grind. You take photos of your "flat self"-- eating your breakfast, on the commute, with co-workers/friends, at the gym, at a volunteer event, at your church, with your family/dog/cat/neighborhood pals....and share with each other.

It's AMAZING how much information is shared this way! Crazy things like your recycling protocol, how you like your eggs cooked, what your favorite "after work stop" is, the weirdo who annoys you down the street, the person whom you sit next to at Mass,...Lots of great areas to laugh and learn from!

Jun 30th 2014 new
Similar to Beverly's idea would be to write each other snail mail letters. I had a friend that did this with her husband when they were dating and they loved it and kept all the letters and read them sometimes :)
Posts 1 - 10 of 17