Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Just curious.
There's one week period each month that is especially difficult for me.
Jul 1st 2014 new
I'm still trying to figure that out. When I figure it out i'll let you know. Seriously though, I would pray about it as much as you can. And avoid any sexual content in movies, TV shows, magazines, etc.
Jul 1st 2014 new
(quote) Vonnie-1082837 said: Just curious.
Find other things to do - visit friends, take a walk, go to the beach, go for a bike ride - and of course pray to Our Lady to get through the temptations.

Be strong! You can do it! theheart
Jul 1st 2014 new
Don't feed the spirit, mind and body with what can lead you to temptation; rather do the opposite the best you can. For us men this is pretty much an everyday challenge...
Jul 1st 2014 new
um, how about rearranging the furniture. that will get you so plum tired you won't want to think of anything else.
Jul 1st 2014 new
I feel the feelings knowing they are transient. Frankly, I find them rather annoying at this stage...little hormonal gremlins trying to distract me. I try to thank God for making me a human with a wide range of possible feelings, and how nice it will be to enjoy them with a husband, but not now... finally, I try to think of how much I would not want to bring a moment of sin into the confessional... That usually helps the urges dissipate.
Jul 2nd 2014 new
Don't know if there is a real true answer....it's different for everyone. We are all human and we all want to be loved and to love someone as well, it's hard to resist into temptation, especially when all your friends are with loved ones and while some are kept to themselves. It seems as one gets older your views change and life goes all too fast, yet to know that someday we can be alone.....don't know how I would react to this change either.
Jul 2nd 2014 new
Surgery. . .just kidding. . . well sort of. . . mostly its trying to redirect my thoughts, a lot of frustrated uggggg and praying. . . God, you allowed me to be here so please do something to make this stop.

It actually irritates me on one level because one can't act on it but on another level I am glad/relieved that I am still alive and interested.

I wish I could redirect all that energy into housework or gardening or writing . . .yep writing. . . but I haven't figured out how to redirect and maintain focus on the new task yet. . . .
Jul 2nd 2014 new
The book. "The Courage to be Chaste". By Benedict J Groeschel has been very helpful for me. I will try to place a link below but am not so great with the iPad .

www.amazon.com.

Jul 2nd 2014 new
www.amazon.com.

This book has been immensely helpful to me.
Posts 1 - 10 of 92