Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

When I was a kid and teen we all ran in a huge group. Our neighborhood was crammed with kiddos. It was great. When I was about sixteen, my friend L invited a new outside guy to play flag football with us. We played softball in the summer and flag football in the fall -- flag because my dad didn't want us hurting the boys, hehe just kidding. . . anyway, he came a few times and then after one game and after all of us had dispersed to our own homes, there was a knock on the front door and this new guy was standing there. He was a cutie. And, he asked me out. I was panic stricken as according to my friend, they were an item. I said as much and he looked most confused and said, no, they weren't dating. We chatted a few more minutes and I declined as it was the right thing to do, or so I thought, being loyal to my friend. He had no sooner left the driveway, when the phone was ringing and my friend was screaming in my ear how horrible i was etc etc etc. . .to this day I have wished I had said I would go out with him, instead of trying to do the right thing by my friend. I never saw him again and it took like three weeks for my friend to quit giving me a hard time about him coming unbidden to my door. . .

Is there someone in your past you wished you had gone out with, but didn't??
Jul 2nd new

Can we talk about the girl code instead? Lol.

Jul 2nd new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said:

Can we talk about the girl code instead? Lol.

Absolutely!!!
Jul 2nd new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: Absolutely!!!

You did what was your best judgement at the time. That is, you were loyal to your girl friend. it would have been messy to go out with a boy that was still entangled with her.

Jul 2nd new
An alternative history might have scrubbed all of your actual history ... in this dimension ... of sight ... of sound ... (:breaks into twinking theme of a certain TV show).
Jul 2nd new
twinkling
Jul 2nd new
YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
weeping hissyfit weeping

I blew several good opportunities out of pride, embarrassment or because I was plain hooked on another guy who wouldn't give me the time of day or was a loser (or both). These great guys I blew off moved on quick and were snatched up right away by smart girls who saw a good thing and they married right away. I look back and say "What's wrong with me. That girl could have been me". sad
Jul 2nd new
Josephine....been there - done that! ashamed Normally I don't take risks and leave it all to chance, but, I was raised that when a man is interested that you don't say yes to everything, don't be the easy prey. Well, that might have worked back in the day, but it seems that men today want to be chased - because they can. I have missed out on some dates that I should have said yes too....not trying to be easy and later find out that they moved on. Some say it just wasn't meant to be, don't know how true that really is.!
Posts 1 - 8 of 8