Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Since dates and romance and marriage and sex are good things apparently meant to be enjoyed by other people, I need to know how to do this.

Jul 3rd 2014 new
Hi,

I know it's tough, and sometimes I feel like this, but I also know that it's never going to happen. We just have to live the life God gives us. I'm not gonna say "Someday you'll find her", because I know we both can only take so much of hearing about some so-called "someday" that may never come, but just letting you know, I know how you feel, and we just have to move on. God bless.
Jul 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Jason-184384 said: Since dates and romance and marriage and sex are good things apparently meant to be enjoyed by other people, I need to know how to do this.

Not that I recommend doing so, but you could get in a boxing ring and let someone punch you senseless a few too many times.

Jul 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Jason-184384 said: Since dates and romance and marriage and sex are good things apparently meant to be enjoyed by other people, I need to know how to do this.

I'm going to take a stab at this one. Not sure what you mean though. If rephrased, then you are saying that's it's difficult to meet your other half for romance, marriage and sex. It was easier when you were a child not to have to worry about all of these things. is that right?
I'd say keep participating in the forums for knowledge from these fine folks. Don't get discouraged, your time will come.
Jul 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Not that I recommend doing so, but you could get in a boxing ring and let someone punch you senseless a few too many times.

Boxing came to mind when I read this also
Jul 3rd 2014 new
8 years old? Sorry, I only know the spell to become 6. wink

I get where you're coming from though. Just keep trying and if it ever works out you'll be almost as happy as an 8-year old (seriously, kids do have it better though).
Jul 3rd 2014 new
I am reposting something from back in October.

Hmm. I enjoy being 8 and I'm sticking with it. I've been practicing for 36 years and I'm getting pretty good. I can ride my bike, rollerblade, camp, dance and play. I read, write, laugh and cry as I see fit. I draw pictures with sidewalk chalk and make silly faces at the other kids, (they just happen to be mine). I make friends based on whether people are kind and fun. I am mostly worry-free, unless we are talking about the availability of dessert. I am completely certain of God's love and my inability to manage my life by myself, the behavior of other humans or the world at large. Yep. Eight is awesome and I'm sticking with it.

It's all about your state of mind. Choose JOY!
Jul 3rd 2014 new

Well, for starters, chill out over others' misuse of the apostrophe!:)
Jul 3rd 2014 new

Jason, Jason, Jason. How does regressive, negative thinking help you achieve your goals?
Jul 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Well, for starters, chill out over others' misuse of the apostrophe!:)
I could quit opining about punctuation and even do my best to quit using punctuation altogether but I don't see that helping the situation.
Posts 1 - 10 of 22