Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Often times we meet our perfect match online but never get to meet. when the similarities between your new match and a past relationship arise, you know you will not be truly happy with your new relationship because you don't want to repeat the same one you had in your past.
I wonder why this happens for a lot of us. I know with me, the pattern keeps on coming as to what type of man finds me interesting and admires me for who I am. It's not entirely that I don't like my pattern. The man who converses well, wants the best for you, cares for you & listens to you.is very attractive. Men who drift in other directions though brings unhappiness into my life. The drifting may include involvement in activities which don't include me, going out with those people in social settings, talking about other women/ interests in them or acting as though they are interested in him (even if it's not true), self centeredness and lastly leaving me at the drop of a hat to help another woman friend out. I know enough by now not to repeat this scenerio. Lessons that are learned are meant to be eye openers or an alert to let you know you are in the warning zone.
It still hurts though to tell someone you aren't right for them. I'm sure this is done often especially on online sites. I believe it's important to not hurt other people in the process but that is almost impossible given the circumstances. One thng about me that may be different from other women is that I will stay friends with these men. Yes, believe it or not, I will be helpful when asked about other women by them. I believe it is a Christian way to act. I have read about the process of breaking patterns and have spoken to professionals about this as well. This is the most difficult thing to do for people seeking a new relationship.
So, have you found breakups to be more difficult online or about the same as they are in real time?
Jul 3rd new
I think the two are very different, Connie. Online communication gives a sense of false emotional intimacy. We are all mere illusions to each other until we actually meet and have sustained dating. Real time relationships are less illusory and there is less projection of fantasies. wave
Jul 3rd new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: I think the two are very different, Connie. Online communication gives a sense of false emotional intimacy. We are all mere illusions to each other until we actually meet and have sustained dating. Real time relationships are less illusory and there is less projection of fantasies.
X2. ^^ Great response.
Jul 4th new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: I think the two are very different, Connie. Online communication gives a sense of false emotional intimacy. We are all mere illusions to each other until we actually meet and have sustained dating. Real time relationships are less illusory and there is less projection of fantasies.
this affirm your statement shine.yahoo.com ..... taking from the article," 'Texting gives men a non-committal form of validation whenever they want to feel connected," Hussey says. While an actual date can make a guy freak out about commitment and question whether he really wants a relationship, texting offers intimacy without the, 'Is this going to be a thing?' uncertainty. "Guys may want fleeting moments of connection rather than the prospect of a real thing.'

But if you're not into a textlationship, Hussey says the best thing to do is let a guy know ASAP: "Tell him you're going on a texting hiatus until he proves that he is indeed a real human being and not a figment of your imagination," he suggests. And while he's figuring out his own agenda, do yourself a favor and put your phone away. You'd be amazed by how much work you get done."

Jul 5th new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: this affirm your statement https://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/why-guys-prefer-text-lationships-real-ones-003400792.html ..... taking from the article," 'Texting gives men a non-committal form of validation whenever they want to feel connected," Hussey says. While an actual date can make a guy freak out about commitment and question whether he really wants a relationship, texting offers intimacy without the, 'Is this going to be a thing?' uncertainty. "Guys may want fleeting moments of connection rather than the prospect of a real thing.'

But if you're not into a textlationship, Hussey says the best thing to do is let a guy know ASAP: "Tell him you're going on a texting hiatus until he proves that he is indeed a real human being and not a figment of your imagination," he suggests. And while he's figuring out his own agenda, do yourself a favor and put your phone away. You'd be amazed by how much work you get done."

First time I heard that term, Genie. Funny and apt. smile
Jul 5th new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: First time I heard that term, Genie. Funny and apt.
hence online/virtual/IRL dating has brought us to another level of "beam me up Scott" ==>> sensibility or nonsensically!!!
Posts 1 - 6 of 6