Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

I'm talking about July 4, 1976. What do you remember? Where were you, and with whom?

I was in Paris, France, with two of my sisters. boggled

Jul 4th 2014 new
Boise, ID--I ran a race, won, and then went to work as a lifeguard.
Jul 4th 2014 new
I don't quite remember where I was on July 4 but that was the year I graduated from high school and we all got special diplomas with the bicentennial logo on them.
Jul 4th 2014 new
I don't remember specifically on the 4th-we had celebrated the bicenntial early. We had a red, white, and blue wedding on June 12, 1976.
Jul 4th 2014 new
Sorry-typed bicentennial incorrectly in my post-wish I knew how to delete the post and repost.
Jul 4th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

I'm talking about July 4, 1976. What do you remember? Where were you, and with whom?

I was in Paris, France, with two of my sisters.

The Gettysburg re-enactment, then the Mall fireworks in D C.
Jul 5th 2014 new
Valley Forge, PA. The weather was lovely, we had a picnic, and at the end of the evening before a 45 minute fireworks display put to music, all 50000 of us held hands and sang "God bless America" and "America the Beautiful" which made me cry. It was a great event in my life, and thank you for bringing it to mind.
Jul 5th 2014 new
I was home in Brooklyn. NY. I woke up early, all excited, because we were having a big block party that day. A neighbor painted the fire hydrant and telephone poles red, white and blue. I also remember since I woke up so early, I tagged along with my brother on his paper route.

I also remember those "Bicentennial Minutes" on t.v. smile
Jul 5th 2014 new
Great question! We were preparing to move that summer, so we celebrated close to home with local activities, in Rochester, MI. I still have Bi-Centennial quarters somewhere, and our car license plates from that year. I believe that the Michigan BiCentennial plates won some sort of a national award.
Jul 6th 2014 new
July 4th 1976, I was very pregnant with my second child, very uncomfortably hot and entertaining my then-in-laws at Fort Wadsworth, NY. We were trying to watch the Tall Ships as they passed beneath the Verrazzano Narrows Bridge. The ships were great, but I nearly had heat stroke by the time we headed back to our military housing at Fort Hamilton.

Posts 1 - 10 of 49