Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 6th 2014 new
really tired of women on this this site wondering. The question: do you want to date yes or no!. I am 57 tired of the runaround, do the women on this site want to to date yes or or no. I will come to you. I will fly,drive or what over to tell a women what ever how to to meet her. Yes we had a bad realshiionship or two,get over it start over it, life is to short to dwwell on the past, move on find somebody new who will treat you with respect. I am your man........................ You want respect, you have it, you want 7/7, can't guarantee it sorry I am only human and will make mistakes.. I am really tired of men on this site who preach and quote the bible and have no consept on what they are talking about. I have a sister in the Domican order ( spelling may not be correct) who has kept me grounded. I do want to remarry, but want a women who is not so self-rigfhteous and believe that they have the only right answer to life. Sorry if I have offended you, get over over it. We are not perfect and will never be in this life time. So far of all the profiles I have read to date, you will be single forever. Nobody will be able to ever reach those goals that women have set up for themselves; of course i have not reads any male profiles.I believe that women on this site DO NOT WANT TO REMARRY but to only belittle the male counter part, and argue why things are they way there are.
CM needs to make major changes in their questionaire.

Jul 6th 2014 new
Kevin, Speaking for myself, I absolutely want to remarry. I am not looking for Mr Perfect, because I am not Ms Perfect. I have my own past, it has taken time to let go and heal, and I am ready to move forward. I am not sure what happens on this site myself. There is a reluctance to proceed on both sides of the fence. I am not sure why. Are folks afraid of rejection? I know I am not attracted to every fella that I meet, and some that are initially attractive might not be too attractive after I get to know them. It's just the way it goes. I have had to tell fellas "no thanks" after several phone calls, and I have had fellas tell me the same. As for the 7/7.....I am committed to chastity until I marry again. That's way too private and intimate for me.to share with someone that I am not married to. Holy Mother Church, in Her infinite wisdom knows what is best for us. Do we fall short, sure, we all sin. Do I try my best to stay in a state of Grace, you bet. I hear your frustration, been there myself. Hope you can find some peace of mind.
Jul 6th 2014 new
Hmmmmm...one cannot say one really knows how you're feeling except one is in your shoes. How about adding more events to your schedule apart from your time here. You never know where you would meet that special lady. Make acquaintances as you journey each day, perhaps one would become a good friend who is a wife for you. Ask family and friends for recommendations of good women who could possibly be your woman. Life is too good to waste time lamenting over the woes. Look at all the good God has blessed you with...
Jul 7th 2014 new
A few days back when I created this thread and ranted on it, my stress level was through the roof and i have had to make to serious decisions on my course of action. Most of the comments I still stand behind. As for the 7 of 7 and self righteous comment, we all have a conscience that we normally guide us through life if we allow it to. So I apoligize for my ranting. I am human and do occasionally blow up, it happens to all of us.
Have a blessed day.
Jul 7th 2014 new
(quote) Kevin-975826 said: So I apoligize for my ranting. I am human and do occasionally blow up, it happens to all of us.

It sure does happen to all of us, Kevin. So, don't sweat it.

I've read and heard people say, essentially, how artificial they think is the online meeting/dating scene. Well, my only experience with it so far is CM, but I've found it plenty enough real, more honestly real than many causal interactions in "real life". The occasional rant is a part of that honest realism. Gosh, we can't drive around every single day with a freshly buffed coat of wax on the car and Armor-All on its tires.

The outcome that all of us are quite naturally seeking from CM requires taking on a very difficult, frustrating, often times brutally disappointing enterprise. But, when it goes well...when it shows you the good really overwhelms the bad...it makes it worth it, every time, to log back in again to keep pressing onward. Sometimes that "goes well" is a promising contact or F2F date, sometimes it's much more subtle...a quick little story from a friend far away who you likely will never really meet...perhaps, to the lighter drama for you both wink ...but, the exchange, none the less, reminds each of you of just what a wonderful prize it is that lies ahead.

Jul 7th 2014 new
(quote) Kevin-975826 said: A few days back when I created this thread and ranted on it, my stress level was through the roof and i have had to make to serious decisions on my course of action. Most of the comments I still stand behind. As for the 7 of 7 and self righteous comment, we all have a conscience that we normally guide us through life if we allow it to. So I apoligize for my ranting. I am human and do occasionally blow up, it happens to all of us.
Have a blessed day.
You and Suzanne both live in Michgan. Why don't you ask her out?

I just posted on another thread that I only ever receive silence/no response whenever I message a man in whom I may be interested. Perhaps you can explain why.

Also I was recently told by a man I just met I am "too good" to date him. Should I then lower my standards and embrace various sexual sins just to please him or others?

Good grief.

Jul 7th 2014 new
(quote) Joan-1085686 said: Good grief.

Like I said...realism. wink
Jul 7th 2014 new
On CM? Well, I suppose one could take that one of three ways.

1. It was a copout for not being interested.

2. They knew you would not engage in extracurricular activities.

3. They really meant it as sign of their low self esteem.
Jul 7th 2014 new
(quote) Kevin-975826 said: really tired of women on this this site wondering. The question: do you want to date yes or no!. I am 57 tired of the runaround, do the women on this site want to to date yes or or no. I will come to you. I will fly,drive or what over to tell a women what ever how to to meet her. Yes we had a bad realshiionship or two,get over it start over it, life is to short to dwwell on the past, move on find somebody new who will treat you with respect. I am your man........................ You want respect, you have it, you want 7/7, can't guarantee it sorry I am only human and will make mistakes.. I am really tired of men on this site who preach and quote the bible and have no consept on what they are talking about. I have a sister in the Domican order ( spelling may not be correct) who has kept me grounded. I do want to remarry, but want a women who is not so self-rigfhteous and believe that they have the only right answer to life. Sorry if I have offended you, get over over it. We are not perfect and will never be in this life time. So far of all the profiles I have read to date, you will be single forever. Nobody will be able to ever reach those goals that women have set up for themselves; of course i have not reads any male profiles.I believe that women on this site DO NOT WANT TO REMARRY but to only belittle the male counter part, and argue why things are they way there are.
CM needs to make major changes in their questionaire.

I have to agree (sometimes) these threads (not all) are so frustrating to read; I feel for ya; it can be frustrating; I even feel sometimes the "moral" (cant spell it right) the Moral in these threads are really really low; and thats (my friend) is part of the problem; the Moral in these forums; (well) except for the "prayer & support" room thats understandable; but other rooms or where ever i feel the "Moral" is really low! I dont have the answer for that; except Keep the Faith & hope for the best!! "Peace"!!
Posts 1 - 10 of 52