Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

...and you realize they aren't a good match at all.

What do you do?

Gentlemen: Picture this as you meet your gal pal's new beau.

Jul 8th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

What do you do?

In general, you wait to see if they're happy, because, after all, you could be wrong.
Of course it depends on the way in which you think they're a bad match. If she's urging him to rob banks then yes, you say something.
Jul 8th 2014 new
I'll raise ya, with one that happened to me.....you meet your (male) pal's new partner and, to your surprise, it's a he. What, if anything, do you say?
Jul 8th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: I'll raise ya, with one that happened to me.....you meet your (male) pal's new partner and, to your surprise, it's a he. What, if anything, do you say?
Hmmm...I can top that one.

I had a roommate that announced after a month that she was a lesbian, but just like a woman isn't interested in every man, she wasn't interested in me. After my initial stupor and feeble attempt at, "Okay, that won't really change anything" I wanted to know what was wrong with me?
Jul 9th 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said: Hmmm...I can top that one.

I had a roommate that announced after a month that she was a lesbian, but just like a woman isn't interested in every man, she wasn't interested in me. After my initial stupor and feeble attempt at, "Okay, that won't really change anything" I wanted to know what was wrong with me?
I know this is going off topic Kathy but your post reminded me of the time my mom had a work party in our home. both of us worked for the same company but were in different departments so we didn't know each other's friends. I was in the family room sitting on the couch with two females from mom's dept. we were telling jokes and lauging. next thing i know, this gal moves over to get closer to me then begins to pat my knee. whoa nellie, I took off like a flash of lightening to find my mom. Very soon after that she announced the party had ended. I didn't like being approached by this lesbian.
Jul 9th 2014 new
you can't do anything about it. if you say anything, that will make it last longer!
Jul 9th 2014 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: I know this is going off topic Kathy but your post reminded me of the time my mom had a work party in our home. both of us worked for the same company but were in different departments so we didn't know each other's friends. I was in the family room sitting on the couch with two females from mom's dept. we were telling jokes and lauging. next thing i know, this gal moves over to get closer to me then begins to pat my knee. whoa nellie, I took off like a flash of lightening to find my mom. Very soon after that she announced the party had ended. I didn't like being approached by this lesbian.
Well Connie, Look on the bright side, She found you attractive. biggrin
Jul 9th 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: Well Connie, Look on the bright side, She found you attractive.
oh lordy lordy...why me? LOL
Jul 9th 2014 new
If I saw signs that this was going to be a really unhealthy relationship I'd probably say something, but make it specific, like, "I notice that whenever she stands in between you and the TV in order to talk about your relationship, your left eye starts to twitch."
Jul 9th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

What do you do?

Howdy Marge...

First of all, I dont think that I would confront my buddy about his new girl friend... Not a good idea...

As time goes by though, I'm sure that he would see some red flags... So, I would wait for him to come to me.. When that happens, we go out for a couple of Blue Moons and figure out if he should dump her...

Posts 1 - 10 of 34