Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

I have wondered if there is a way to know if a blog you have responded to but is no longer on the recent list has had other responses. I appreciate many of the topics discussed here and would like to know what follows on but seem to lose track easily. Is there a way to get notices once you have responded to a blog, that others have as well so you can go back to follow the discussion?
Since I haven't had much luck meeting anyone here so far, the blogs and discussions have been what keeps me coming back. Thanks to anyone who has an answer. : )

Jul 30th 2014 new
Carol,

Nice name. You must be popular around Christmas time. Ha, ha, ha. I am caught up in the mystery of the internet and online dating/forums. I wrote Catholic Match a note to express these feeling of human absence felt with the internet medium. I think it is only fair to feel that this technology is a little rough on the sweetness and kindness found in our language. I believe the closer we stand to one another the closer we stand to God. Even though I try and try again to be positive and leave the minus signs in another equation, I still feel like I cant reach another or share what is really on my mind. I always feel like I am typing the words that others want me to say what is said as something different that what I would if I were to see someone in person.
I think everyone is like this. Even the closest of friend, family and lovers must place themselves at a distance when they use the internet and because if this, the words are trivilized and lack importance. They become something like data. I know what happens to data... Do you?
I became a member about three weeks ago. I have felt my closest friends the girls I go to Church with, the ones I believe to be my soulmates get digitized with the threat of becoming spam. I don't know about you, but I've never even eaten spam at the grocery store, because it's to mysterious and made up form God only know what.
With all this I am trying to reply to your blog inquiry. I don't think anyone knows what happens to blog responces and I don't think anyone cares. Not because they really don't but becuase carelessness is a dangerous side effect to this medium. It's all over. I don't even care what I see in the news anymore. They could post the most horrible looking picture on some news artical and it comes across like its nothing but something we have aready scene. Why respond?
I want to get through, but every time I write something that sound like it could be in a book it gets over looked and trivialized. This is really negitive isn't it? help me put some plus signs in my outlook.
Jul 31st 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1017436 said: I have wondered if there is a way to know if a blog you have responded to but is no longer on the recent list has had other responses. I appreciate many of the topics discussed here and would like to know what follows on but seem to lose track easily. Is there a way to get notices once you have responded to a blog, that others have as well so you can go back to follow the discussion?
Since I haven't had much luck meeting anyone here so far, the blogs and discussions have been what keeps me coming back. Thanks to anyone who has an answer. : )

I don't see an equivalent of the forum Watch Topic function for the blogs. You could submit a Help ticket and ask there.

As a workaround, you could bookmark the web page for each blog you are interested in, and save all the blog links in one bookmark folder. You would have to manually check each one, but at least it is only one click per blog.

Posts 1 - 3 of 3