Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

... Do you ever get angry - in a nice way - that you are alone??? .... After all, you're a good person ... You recycle ... You say "Please" and "Thank you" ... You return the shopping cart to the corral ... You go to Mass ... You hold the door for people ... You would be a great partner ... So, fer sure, you have darn good reason to get a little crazy that everyone is missing out on your all-around greatness! ... That would make me angry (in a nice way, of course!) ... and I am ... Well, maybe more frustrated than angry, but you get the gist of it ...

So .. do you ever get angry about it??? (Did I mention I mean in a nice way???) ...

Jul 9th 2014 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said:

... Do you ever get angry - in a nice way - that you are alone??? .... After all, you're a good person ... You recycle ... You say "Please" and "Thank you" ... You return the shopping cart to the corral ... You go to Mass ... You hold the door for people ... You would be a great partner ... So, fer sure, you have darn good reason to get a little crazy that everyone is missing out on your all-around greatness! ... That would make me angry (in a nice way, of course!) ... and I am ... Well, maybe more frustrated than angry, but you get the gist of it ...

So .. do you ever get angry about it??? (Did I mention I mean in a nice way???) ...

Can you articulate the basis for the anger? it's not just 'because I'm alone' -- if it were, everyone who is alone would be angry. What's the superadded factor - is it envy? sense of entitlement? a sense that someone has deceived you or given you (supposedly) unrealizable expectations? it may be worth trying to trace this to its source, which could be in some old belief that is no longer serving you well.
Jul 9th 2014 new

Neah, I just listen to some 80s music and feel young again. Works for me.
Jul 9th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Can you articulate the basis for the anger? it's not just 'because I'm alone' -- if it were, everyone who is alone would be angry. What's the superadded factor - is it envy? sense of entitlement? a sense that someone has deceived you or given you (supposedly) unrealizable expectations? it may be worth trying to trace this to its source, which could be in some old belief that is no longer serving you well.
So .. I take it that the answer for you would be a "No" ..
Jul 9th 2014 new
(quote) Angela-374523 said: Neah, I just listen to some 80s music and feel young again. Works for me.
But .... you ARE young!!!
Jul 9th 2014 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: So .. I take it that the answer for you would be a "No" ..
It would be a 'not anymore'.
Jul 10th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said:  'not anymore'.
wouldn't it be frustrating to be angry and useless since you would not be accomplishing anything in the end
Jul 10th 2014 new

I used to be really upset that I was single, but nowadays I'm just happy that I didn't marry any of my ex boyfriends. If I meet someone I feel enthusiastic about and and we fall in love and we both discern that it would be good for us to be married, I will be overjoyed. But honestly, life is okay. I have a family that loves me. I feel very blessed and grateful to God. Life isn't easy, but there are so many good things in life. I'd love to be married, but I don't need to be to be happy.
Jul 10th 2014 new
.....mmmm, maybe I misunderstood your angle. But, I'll have to disagree with what you say, sir. I find no reason to believe a superadded factor is in the equation. I hope not because if that's the case, I really need to look more in depth at my stubbed toe, that last football game that was lost and also the fact that I haven't won the powerball. If a person is angry about something....it's as simple as that. No superadded bs. I respect your questioning but I think he was asking for feedback, rather than an evaluation.
Jul 10th 2014 new

You're preaching to the choir. rolling eyes
Posts 1 - 10 of 125