Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Do you have a personal ministry? What do you do?

After two of my brothers died, I had trouble sleeping and I just couldn't feel warm enough. God led me to an idea called My Brothers' Keeper Sleeping Bag project. They make simple sleeping bags out of donated fabrics (mostly sheets, blankets, comforters, etc.) and give them to people who are cold on the streets. Once I started making and donating such sleeping bags --in memory of my brothers-- I could sleep again. I felt better knowing that someone else would be sleeping warm because I had done something. Here's a link to My Brothers; Keepers. www.thesleepingbagproject.org

Please, tell us what you do.

Jul 11th 2014 new
Virginia, what a beautiful ministry! I may bring this to my mother's quilt group. Those ladies have LOTS of fabric! Personally, I am working to get involved with a military and veterans group. Though I haven't served, these folks are underserved and I have a very soft spot for vets. It has been very rewarding when I have worked with this particular group and the organization they support.
Jul 12th 2014 new
I created a pro-life class for our Confirmation teens using Catholic teaching from Scripture and the CCC as well as medical facts regarding human development and the realities of abortion.
Have been doing this for about 11 years and have recently been joined by 2 of my sisters.
As teachers and moms they contribute greatly to the presentation. One of them has adopted a child and both experienced losses with miscarriage. As an rN NP I contribute my medical knowledge. As practicing Catholics we all 3 share our faith.
God made this possible!

Jul 12th 2014 new
I teach English as a Second Language at a Catholic homeless shelter.

I also work with the Salvation Army Emergency Disaster Services. Not Catholic, but a ministry just the same. I always say that I get thanked more in a day of disaster work, than in a month of regular life.

I have done both of these things for over ten years.

Richard

Jul 12th 2014 new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: Do you have a personal ministry? What do you do?

After two of my brothers died, I had trouble sleeping and I just couldn't feel warm enough. God led me to an idea called My Brothers' Keeper Sleeping Bag project. They make simple sleeping bags out of donated fabrics (mostly sheets, blankets, comforters, etc.) and give them to people who are cold on the streets. Once I started making and donating such sleeping bags --in memory of my brothers-- I could sleep again. I felt better knowing that someone else would be sleeping warm because I had done something. Here's a link to My Brothers; Keepers. http://www.thesleepingbagproject.org/places/groups/

Please, tell us what you do.

Hi Virginia! What a great ministry! Wish we could do the same project in the Philippines. I used to work for a child welfare organization for orphaned, abandoned and neglected children and another one for street children. Your project is a great solution to give warmth to those who are in the streets. May your efforts continue to bear fruit. Praying

Over the years, I have been actively involved in the Music Ministry of our singles community. I play the guitar, tambourine, and beatbox (cajon) during worship. Currently, I am helping our partner in mission in promoting religious books and magazines to our community members. I recently helped create a Facebook account and Facebook page for them to create more awareness and increase subscriptions. I am still working on the marketing plans to focus on the single members in the community. It's still a work in progress but here's the link: www.facebook.com
Jul 13th 2014 new
Katie, Kathleen, Richard and Jenny, those are wonderful ideas!
I just love the song by Matthew West Do Something.
www.youtube.com

Posts 1 - 6 of 6