Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

NO PIX, NO PICKS

Jul 11th 2014 new

I don't get it- you pay the fee for the site and don't post your pix? iT'S A TICKET TO RIDE! Let's face it; unless a member admits to being a serial killer (joke) the pix is the tix.

Then the empty faced person asks you to do them a favor and ask for a pix.

Then I always wonder why no pix? Are they that pretty? or ugly?

I very seldom will contact anyone with no pix. I find it annoying ;especailly when I am contacted.

Fair is fair- the members with no pix should be mandated to contact other members with no pix.

Waddaya think?

Jul 11th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-1107815 said:

I don't get it- you pay the fee for the site and don't post your pix? iT'S A TICKET TO RIDE! Let's face it; unless a member admits to being a serial killer (joke) the pix is the tix.

Then the empty faced person asks you to do them a favor and ask for a pix.

Then I always wonder why no pix? Are they that pretty? or ugly?

I very seldom will contact anyone with no pix. I find it annoying ;especailly when I am contacted.

Fair is fair- the members with no pix should be mandated to contact other members with no pix.

Waddaya think?









agree wholeheartedly w/you that we do have a smiling smile or happy face biggrin that is to die for in here!!! it is wonderful to see the many wonderful folks shine in here!!!

no pix is my personal choice and it is a first I guess where I'm still debating ... but maybe, that is a big MAYBE, I'm just too shy to post it since I don't really like looking at myself in the mirror!!!

I won't contact you since I do not have a pix and respect your request ......

I be cordial/polite those who request to exchange inquiry msg, bc they would like to know about one another otherwise it is at your discretion who you wish to mingle with you just as in IRL, which eventually result in being wonderful friends .... no offense or harm, but for me it is a great privilege and honor to meet and mingle regardless with or without a pix, the person is more important to me and wishing always the best in each and everyone's life .... rose Praying hug Dove theheart rosary Dove rose :rose: :rose:
Jul 11th 2014 new
Well, I used to have a profile picture posted. I took it off when I realized that it appeared in a Google search of "Catholic Match Jacksonville FL". wide eyed I don't mind members seeing my photo, but I do not like just anyone doing a search like I mentioned above being able to see my photo. For myself, I feel that being on Catholic Match is rather personal, and I don't want extended family members or co-workers to have access to this information. Of course, if they are a member also, then it wouldn't matter to me.

I do have album pictures posted. If I recall correctly, when looking at search results, it will tell you if the person has album pictures.

Welcome to CM. Good luck in your search. biggrin
Jul 11th 2014 new
Oh, you mean profile picture! I thought at first you meant pyx.
I'd rather leave it to personal choice. I grew up in a Kodak family and really, really hate having my picture taken. Still, as you can see, I post a mug shot so people have some idea of what I look like.
As for not liking what you see in the mirror, I long ago realized that what I see in the mirror is not what someone else sees when they look at me. First off, the reflection in a mirror is backwards. I look funny to myself in photos because I know my hair is parted on the other side.
And all of this is predicated on surface issues anyway. When I look in the mirror, I try to see what God sees. Photos --not so much.
Jul 11th 2014 new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: Oh, you mean profile picture! I thought at first you meant pyx.
You are just crackin' me up, Lady! laughing
Jul 11th 2014 new
(quote) Dan-1002097 said: You are just crackin' me up, Lady!
Glad to be of service. Facetious is my middle name.

Pix -- Pyx I've heard it a gabillion times but had to look up the spelling.
Jul 11th 2014 new

I think most people would agree with you (CM has stats on this).
1, women don't post pictures because they're heavier than they like and want to wait until they've slimmed down
2, men don't post pictures because they're in a hurry and think their write up speaks for itself.
3, for both sexes, sometimes they are well-known in their communities and want to cloak the fact that they are dating online.

BTW, many people have photos in their "scrapbook" but don't use a profile picture, often for reason #3.

Jul 11th 2014 new
BTW, when are the rest of YOUR pictures showing up? tongue
Jul 11th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

I think most people would agree with you (CM has stats on this).
1, women don't post pictures because they're heavier than they like and want to wait until they've slimmed down
2, men don't post pictures because they're in a hurry and think their write up speaks for itself.
3, for both sexes, sometimes they are well-known in their communities and want to cloak the fact that they are dating online.

BTW, many people have photos in their "scrapbook" but don't use a profile picture, often for reason #3.

I was wondering about profile pics that that disappeared.I see from the posts the reasons.
It is really a shame that the ladies are afraid to post a pic because they they think they are too heavy. Unfortunately we live in a culture that says every women should look like Twiggy.As far as the men being in a hurry as the reason, I think the reason may be similar to the women's reasons.Maybe not weight per se, But in my case , I am not the dashing young lad with a full head of hair that I once was,LOL. and I was actually reticent to post profile pic, But decided what the heck.As far as the being recognized in community I could see where that could bother someone, Because there is a certain stigma unfortunately with on line dating, But in my case, Even though by being in business for so many years and living in the are for many more, Yes, a lot of people know me, I have not hidden the fact that I am on a Catholic dating site. I think in the final analysis , many judgements are made from a photo or two, sometimes not even reading a profile, That is just human nature.
Jul 11th 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: I was wondering about profile pics that that disappeared.I see from the posts the reasons.
It is really a shame that the ladies are afraid to post a pic because they they think they are too heavy. Unfortunately we live in a culture that says every women should look like Twiggy.As far as the men being in a hurry as the reason, I think the reason may be similar to the women's reasons.Maybe not weight per se, But in my case , I am not the dashing young lad with a full head of hair that I once was,LOL. and I was actually reticent to post profile pic, But decided what the heck.As far as the being recognized in community I could see where that could bother someone, Because there is a certain stigma unfortunately with on line dating, But in my case, Even though by being in business for so many years and living in the are for many more, Yes, a lot of people know me, I have not hidden the fact that I am on a Catholic dating site. I think in the final analysis , many judgements are made from a photo or two, sometimes not even reading a profile, That is just human nature.
I agree with the statement about forming a judgment and opinion based on a person's photo and not necessarily reading his/her profile. He are humans and we like to look, gaze, and possess pretty things. Sometimes a nice looking face and/or nice looking physique captures our attention first and we make judgments on what we see in the photo and supplement this with the contents of the profile.
Posts 1 - 10 of 56