Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Has anyone? Can anyone? Pros and cons?
Jul 11th 2014 new
Speaking only for myself, I have been known to "fall in love" at the drop of a hat. Choosing to love someone for a lifetime is a much different matter.
Jul 11th 2014 new
I think it's quite possible. I've meet a wonderful girl before due to the forums, but things kind of fell a part mainly due to my poor judgement :(
Jul 11th 2014 new
Yes, I believe that can happen. Once you find a man/woman who can relate to you from what you write in the forums then falling in love is a possibility. Exchanging emails often will bring you closer.
Once you talk on the phone and he tells you he loves your voice, then there's no telling what can come from that. Now, all of these feelings can change once you actually meet the person unless you choose to skype with them. this is the way I look at it.
Jul 11th 2014 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: Yes, I believe that can happen. Once you find a man/woman who can relate to you from what you write in the forums then falling in love is a possibility. Exchanging emails often will bring you closer.
Once you talk on the phone and he tells you he loves your voice, then there's no telling what can come from that. Now, all of these feelings can change once you actually meet the person unless you choose to skype with them. this is the way I look at it.
Sometimes Skype intensifies what the phone calls only hint at. Then nothing between Heaven and Earth can stop you two from meeting. Just my opinion. Or Fate?
Jul 11th 2014 new
I hope that people can meet in the forums and then fall in love.
Jul 11th 2014 new
Well I think there are quite literally 37 million songs about people falling in love, and most suggest that people can fall in love anywhere. So why not the forums? With God ALL things are possible wink theheart Dove
Jul 11th 2014 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: Sometimes Skype intensifies what the phone calls only hint at. Then nothing between Heaven and Earth can stop you two from meeting. Just my opinion. Or Fate?
A lovely, romantic notion biggrin Anything is possible with God, right?!
Jul 11th 2014 new

lovestruck! Oh, yes. sad
The problem is, getting to know folks through the forums, you can find someone who is compatible and who has everything you'd like in a spouse...and eventually discover that he/she is incapable (for reasons of upbringing, maturity, mental health, "timing", etc.) of sustaining a relationship.
In short...you've found someone to love who cannot love you back.

Jul 11th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

Oh, yes.
The problem is, getting to know folks through the forums, you can find someone who is compatible and who has everything you'd like in a spouse...and eventually discover that he/she is incapable (for reasons of upbringing, maturity, mental health, "timing", etc.) of sustaining a relationship.
In short...you've found someone to love who cannot love you back.

What a warm and comforting thought..... not!
Posts 1 - 10 of 35