Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Patience

Jul 12th 2014 new
Good things happen to those who wait. Does it sound fair, reasonable, and correct for you?
Jul 12th 2014 new
rolling eyes Fair, reasonable, correct... Yet so hard to put into practice.
Jul 12th 2014 new
(quote) Aline-1103561 said: Good things happen to those who wait. Does it sound fair, reasonable, and correct for you?
Obedience hard but worth it. What we think we want may not be what we need, which is where patience comes into partially into play.

i am human and I fail, but i do think good things happen to those who wait, may not be what we think are good things, but it will be the things that God wants for us and that can only be great things!
Jul 12th 2014 new
All we need is just a little patience.......www.youtube.com
Jul 12th 2014 new
Aline, I have heard good things come to those who wait, but not for those who wait too late, also patience is a virtue. I'm not sure what your waiting for or who, but Patience I believe is a good thing and waiting the correct amount of time will bring you what you want. Richard
Jul 12th 2014 new
Scripturally, the theme of Patience is generally framed in terms of a struggle with some misfortune or annoyance. It is often accompanied by notes of long-suffering and forbearance (self-control; restraint; tolerance). There are also admonitions to keep acting faithfully (with charity and patience) at the same time.

What is almost never seen is any suggestion of quiet inaction. Patience is not so much "Waiting for Godot" as it is being a faithful follower of God's plan, and doing so with love in your heart in spite of tribulations. Love others; and love will be repaid.

This post is not directed at anyone in particular. I just found the subject interesting.

(quote) Aline-1103561 said: Good things happen to those who wait. Does it sound fair, reasonable, and correct for you?
So long as one waits doing what we're supposed to do as Christians, yes. :)
Jul 12th 2014 new
God helps those who help themselves.
Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Richard-1016457 said: Aline, I have heard good things come to those who wait, but not for those who wait too late, also patience is a virtue. I'm not sure what your waiting for or who, but Patience I believe is a good thing and waiting the correct amount of time will bring you what you want. Richard
Interesting response Richard. not to those who wait too late? What do you mean? Late compared to what, time is only known to God and us we are just speculating. I agree with you that patience is a virtue. I am waiting for God's time for his time is best, and he promised good to all of us.
Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Juan-1022000 said: So long as one waits doing what we're supposed to do as Christians, yes. :)
I fully agree with you.
Posts 1 - 10 of 18