Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

What book are you reading or have you read that helped you grow in faith?

I am currently reading "7 Secrets of the Eucharist" by Vinny Flynn. It is a beautiful reflection. This morning I fell even deeper in love with our Lord in the Eucharist! I highly recommend this book make your reading list. :)

Jul 12th new
I am reading many books that have helped in me grow in faith. One is called Saint John Paul The Great His Five Loves, by Jason Evert. Another one is My Upmost For His Highness by Oswald Chambers. Both give you the tools to look at lord and his message in a different light, and being able to work in accordance with his message. Thus you become a better serving person who has the lord meanings in mind.
Jul 12th new
(quote) William-888220 said: I am reading many books that have helped in me grow in faith. One is called Saint John Paul The Great His Five Loves, by Jason Evert. Another one is My Upmost For His Highness by Oswald Chambers. Both give you the tools to look at lord and his message in a different light, and being able to work in accordance with his message. Thus you become a better serving person who has the lord meanings in mind.

I've been wanting to read Jason Evert's new book! I have a few on my self to get through first. The second book you mention sounds really interesting. I hadn't heard of it before.

What has been your favorite book or talk related to the faith?

Jul 14th new
Since he was just canonized, I am reading Pope St. John XXIII's Journal of a Soul. A fascinating look into the man's interior life, it has helped me to deepen my own faith, especially in my prayer life. I tend to read it in bits and peices though; after all, it is a journal. So far, it has been very edifying.

All of my friends seemed to be reading works by JPII for the canonization, so I figured I would go against the grain!
Jul 14th new
A little but life changing book if you put it into practice, Uniformity with God's Will by St. Alphonsus de Liguori. Every time you are in a tough situation, something that makes you angry, sad, or distressed, or even when you find yourself in a moment that brings you great joy and peace, you remember it is God's will for you to be exactly there at that moment, doing whatever you are doing, provided its not sinful. In this way, we can have joy in every moment because we want nothing but what God wants for us at all times. I recommend everyone read this book! Another truly great one, Introduction to the Devout Life by St Francis de Sales.
Jul 14th new
(quote) Kirsten-1064175 said: A little but life changing book if you put it into practice, Uniformity with God's Will by St. Alphonsus de Liguori. Every time you are in a tough situation, something that makes you angry, sad, or distressed, or even when you find yourself in a moment that brings you great joy and peace, you remember it is God's will for you to be exactly there at that moment, doing whatever you are doing, provided its not sinful. In this way, we can have joy in every moment because we want nothing but what God wants for us at all times. I recommend everyone read this book! Another truly great one, Introduction to the Devout Life by St Francis de Sales. 
I haven't read Uniformity yet, but I've placed it on my list now, thank you!

I have read Introduction to the Devout Life. It was actually a required text in one of my classes at FUS. Despite the fact it was "required", I read it more like a devotional book and it has become one of my all-time favorites. I think the professor intended for that to happen... I would highly recommend it as well!

Jul 14th new
Jul 14th new
(quote) Michele-980775 said:

What book are you reading or have you read that helped you grow in faith?

I am currently reading "7 Secrets of the Eucharist" by Vinny Flynn. It is a beautiful reflection. This morning I fell even deeper in love with our Lord in the Eucharist! I highly recommend this book make your reading list. :)

I would have to say that Saint Augustine's Confessions influenced me the most and made me look deeper and sort of lit the spark for me to learn my faith better then I did at the point before I read it. Also the city of God was right there with to.
Jul 14th new
Orthodoxy by Chesterton.
Posts 1 - 10 of 44