Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dear Men,

Do you prefer to initiate conversation on CM? How do you feel about a woman making the first move to initiate conversation?

(ladies, you're welcome to engage in the discussion, too :D )

Many blessings,

Michele

Jul 13th 2014 new
What would be wrong with a lady speaking her peace first. Isn't the old saying "Ladies First", Some Women have opinions and a voice (or typing fingers) to express our thoughts and feelings. Even though disagreements on thoughts and opinions must vary considerably,(At times depending on the topic) A woman's voice should always be heard, first, then you know what shes thinking, even if its not what i believe to be true.(Wrong) (:
Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Michele-980775 said:

woman making the first move to initiate conversation

I would consider her first move to be a compliment, and would respond as well, if I sense a possible connection.
Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Jim-1008684 said: I would consider her first move to be a compliment, and would respond as well, if I sense a possible connection.
very warm welcome to the fora Jim wave smile
Jul 13th 2014 new
I absolutely welcome a lady writing to me first. What if she proves to be the person I've been seeking? I may never have encountered her profile if she hadn't written to me.
Jul 13th 2014 new

Dear Men,

Do you prefer to initiate conversation on CM? How do you feel about a woman making the first move to initiate conversation?

Many blessings,

Michele

Julie, my sister-in-law, asked my older brother out, and that's how they started dating. They've been happily married for about 17 years now and an inspiration to me of what I'd want in a marriage of faith, love, and devotion.
As for how I would feel if a girl made the first move? Wouldn't bother me in the slightest :)

Jul 13th 2014 new

"Do you prefer to initiate conversation on CM? How do you feel about a woman making the first move to initiate conversation?"

It would be a perfect world if I did not have to initiate conversation with a woman. Then again, I am not stunningly handsome and have a chiseled, thin figure like a teenage heartthrob. If I was blessed with the looks of a Greek god, I would probably be happily married (or widowed, or divorced...not by my choice) by now. Which is why I am still single and endlessly searching for "the one" at the zenith of my life.

I welcome and encourage women on CM to make the first move. Where in the world can you perform such a daunting task and still hide, almost anonymously, behind a large computer monitor (or a small, smart phone screen). CM helps provide a service that should (in theory) lower the barrier to communication between both men and women. Women who never initiate conversation will have to rely on either their drop dead, gorgeous good looks or their skill in crafting a killer profile. The adage "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" should not be gender specific. I am still perplexed as to why some women, in this day and age, still believe that only men should initiate conversation. I just hope these same women do not believe that women should "be seen and not heard".
Jul 13th 2014 new
It doesn't bother me as to who initiated the conversation just as long as there's a steady communication going on. If not, "Houston, we got a problem".
Jul 13th 2014 new

Dear Men,

Many blessings,

Michele

Hi Michele,

I think it is nice for a woman to say hello if she sees a man she wants to get to know. There is nothing forward about that in fact it would be nice... If a woman is out in the world and she sees a man she likes she may give him a smile, so..... why not do that here!!!

Go for it... If we are open to friendship, the first rule in any relationship, then making friends is a good thing. If the guy does not ask for your number after chatting then either he is extremely shy or most likely not interested in anything more than friendship.

That's my 2 cents worth!

God bless,

Gary

Jul 13th 2014 new

Oh, one more thing, take a good look at what he writes in his profile and see if you are close to what he desires if you are not even close, then perhaps rethink making a move if you want more than friendship.

Hope that helps....

Posts 1 - 10 of 76