Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Michele-980775 said:

Dear Men,

Do you prefer to initiate conversation on CM? How do you feel about a woman making the first move to initiate conversation?

(ladies, you're welcome to engage in the discussion, too :D )

Many blessings,

Michele

Howdy Michele...

This topic has come up before, as for me, it doesnt matter who starts a conversation... CM is a community, and all of us are here to meet people...

Sometimes, us guys, need a little nudge to get our attention... Think of it this way... Your just saying... Hey I'm over here... hehe...

BTW Michele, love your hat...
Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Gary-916309 said:

Hi Michele,

I think it is nice for a woman to say hello if she sees a man she wants to get to know. There is nothing forward about that in fact it would be nice... If a woman is out in the world and she sees a man she likes she may give him a smile, so..... why not do that here!!!

Go for it... If we are open to friendship, the first rule in any relationship, then making friends is a good thing. If the guy does not ask for your number after chatting then either he is extremely shy or most likely not interested in anything more than friendship.

That's my 2 cents worth!

God bless,

Gary

I am glad you pointed this out, Gary - modern day Relationship/Dating coaches espouse that the lady make the first move because the man might be shy or under confident.

Also, it is very helpful to know if another person is not interested in you - it's okay, it's life. At least if you have that info you can plan accordingly and move on.
Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Joan-1085686 said: I am glad you pointed this out, Gary - modern day Relationship/Dating coaches espouse that the lady make the first move because the man might be shy or under confident.

Also, it is very helpful to know if another person is not interested in you - it's okay, it's life. At least if you have that info you can plan accordingly and move on.

Thanks Michele and I agree with ya... I have to say one thing, why do folks only put head shots??? I know some guys that do not want tiny women and other guys do. Some guys like bigger women because they are bigger and other men like women that are smaller than them. Then there are some that like the opposite and there are some that could care less what the women looks like they are just happy to be out with one, haha... I will admit that I do not look at a profile if I only have a face shot. I have my own preference and it is not an absolute one but I want to see the whole person. Perhaps there are others that feel the same as I do, if so and you only have a face photo, you might be underselling yourself. Let us see ya and let us make the decision if one is attracted to ya... Michele, when I am saying you, I do not mean you, I am writing this to everyone. I just got thinking that perhaps you are one of those women and I have not yet looked at your profile so I am saying to myself I better point this haha...

Well, I hope this helps some.... A profile has photos to see ya, writings about ya, let everyone see the whole you.... Beauty and attraction is truly, is truly in the eye of the beholder..... Everyone is beautiful you really are, but not everyone is attracted to ya or you them....

Just in case you think I am focusing on the external I am not. For me, I want a woman who knows love, His name is Jesus. Without a daily personal relationship with Him, you cannot love me or anyone because He is love, oh....... some give to get but when things don't go their way you find out that they are not so loving, but with Christ, with knowing LOVE, Him, Jesus, you know what true love is and it is sacrifice and giving.... This is so important... do not give your heart to anyone unless they know Love Himself, Jesus.... do not or you will be very, very disappointed.... again, I am writing to everyone when I use the word "you."

God bless,

Gary

Jul 13th 2014 new
oops.... I meant "Thanks Joan..." lol I am getting old I guess...
Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Gary-916309 said: oops....lol I am getting old I guess...
is it by the second, minute, hour, day................ crossfingers shhh
Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Joan-1085686 said: I am glad you pointed this out, Gary - modern day Relationship/Dating coaches espouse that the lady make the first move because the man might be shy or under confident.

Huh? What if the lady is shy or under confident? laughing
Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Susan-1048377 said: Huh? What if the lady is shy or under confident?

She should pray and then hopefully a guy will not be shy or lack confidence... haha ;-)

Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Russ-959222 said: I absolutely welcome a lady writing to me first. What if she proves to be the person I've been seeking? I may never have encountered her profile if she hadn't written to me.
Bless you, Russ. That's from my beatomizer, lol! What you wrote is exactly why I initiate correspondence with gentlemen. But it is so nice when a man takes the initiative. That is really my preference.
Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: is it by the second, minute, hour, day................
laughing by the second..... haha
Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: is it by the second, minute, hour, day................
Now Genie, may I ask why you have not ONE photo of yourself on your profile? Just being shy... haha lol
Posts 11 - 20 of 76