Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

I would like this community of faith to pray for my buddy and former neighbor Charles. I received the most unbelievable email from him yesterday.

Charles is a Viet Nam Veteran, who saw a lot of action as he worked as a medic there. His hearing was permanently damaged from the sounds of blasts nearby. He was exposed to Agent Orange. In May he underwent surgery for cancer of the tongue. He will undergo a second surgery Tuesday to remove a cancerous lesion from his cheek. After his tongue surgery he and his wife decided to get away for a short vacation. They boarded a ship in NYC with hopes to go to Novia Scotia and then to Boston for the 4th of July. The hurricane had other plans for them. They missed the 4th due to Boston's change in plans to celebrate on the 3rd. When they were coming back they had to deal with the hurricane, by that time not as strong but tossing the ship quite a bit. Back in NYC, they received a phone call from the person watching their house,. The hot water pipe below their kitchen sink burst and their beautiful 4 yr. old one-story home flooded. Hardwood floors warped walls wet, their new basement refinish a sopping mess. They are in a hotel for 6 to 8 weeks awaiting renovation and repair. His surgery is Tuesday. He and his wife Margaret are wonderful generous people. They could sure use prayer right now, and your well wishes. Thank you so much!

Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-1007495 said:

I would like this community of faith to pray for my buddy and former neighbor Charles. I received the most unbelievable email from him yesterday.

Charles is a Viet Nam Veteran, who saw a lot of action as he worked as a medic there. His hearing was permanently damaged from the sounds of blasts nearby. He was exposed to Agent Orange. In May he underwent surgery for cancer of the tongue. He will undergo a second surgery Tuesday to remove a cancerous lesion from his cheek. After his tongue surgery he and his wife decided to get away for a short vacation. They boarded a ship in NYC with hopes to go to Novia Scotia and then to Boston for the 4th of July. The hurricane had other plans for them. They missed the 4th due to Boston's change in plans to celebrate on the 3rd. When they were coming back they had to deal with the hurricane, by that time not as strong but tossing the ship quite a bit. Back in NYC, they received a phone call from the person watching their house,. The hot water pipe below their kitchen sink burst and their beautiful 4 yr. old one-story home flooded. Hardwood floors warped walls wet, their new basement refinish a sopping mess. They are in a hotel for 6 to 8 weeks awaiting renovation and repair. His surgery is Tuesday. He and his wife Margaret are wonderful generous people. They could sure use prayer right now, and your well wishes. Thank you so much!

Oh goodness....bless their hearts! rosary Praying rosary
Jul 13th 2014 new
Praying theheart rosary
Jul 13th 2014 new
kind of you Kathy to request on their behalf ... may our loving and gentle Mother, Blessed Virgin Mary and God pour abundant graces and blessing to guide medical hands and give Charles the strength to recover, and to his family hope and comfort during his recuperation, most especially both return to a well deserved, relax and comfortable home without adding additonal burden/hardship .... God's Holy will let it be done ... rose hug Praying Dove theheart rosary Dove rose rose rose
Jul 13th 2014 new
Praying
Jul 13th 2014 new
Praying Praying Praying
Jul 13th 2014 new
Prayer to Saint Joseph

Saint Joseph, guardian of Jesus and chaste husband of Mary,
you passed your life in loving fulfillment of duty.
You supported the holy family of Nazareth with the work of your hands.
Kindly protect those who trustingly come to you.

You know their aspirations, their hardships, their hopes.
They look to you because they know you will understand and protect them.
You too knew trial, labor and weariness.

But amid the worries of material life, your soul was full of deep peace
and sang out in true joy through intimacy with God's Son
entrusted to you and with Mary, his tender Mother.

Assure those you protect that they do not labor alone.
Amen. Praying

Saint Joseph is the Patron Saint of carpenters, cabinetmakers, craftsmen, exiles, furniture makers, house hunters, laborers, and married people (among many others)

Praying Praying Praying theheart
Jul 14th 2014 new
Praying Praying Praying
Jul 14th 2014 new
For the needs of Charles and Margaret, Praying Praying Praying
Posts 1 - 10 of 18