Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Everyone loves quotes!

Jul 14th 2014 new
There are so many great saints that sometimes it is hard to pick your favorite. They have all said some pretty incredible things, sometimes just a.one liner that sticks with you your whole life! I know I have at least five or six I could think of right off the top of my head.

But before I share any, my question is this:
What is your favorite Saint quote? Do you have more than one? Is it well known or a hidden gem that you would like more people to hear?

God bless and I can't wait to hear some of these!
rosary theheart pope Praying

Jul 14th 2014 new
I don't have a favorite saint quote, but here is one which I think is quite cool:

"Enjoy yourself as much as you like if only you keep from sin." ~St. John Bosco
Source: saints.sqpn.com

Jul 14th 2014 new

"Pray, Hope, and Don't Worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer."

"Continue to be patient; it will all be for your good."

"Fear not because God is with you."

"Don't allow any sadness to dwell in your soul, for sadness prevents the Holy Spirit from acting freely."

- St.Padre Pio theheart
(1887 - 1968)

Jul 14th 2014 new
www.saintsquotes.net

'You cannot be half a saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all.'

St. Therese of Lisieux

Jul 14th 2014 new
'Now is the time to suffer and to fight with humble submission, in order to purify and perfect yourself according to His Will, so that you may be worthy to accomplish His designs regarding you. What have you to fear, since His power surrounds you on all sides like an impregnable wall against the attacks of your enemies. Remember that when God wishes to purify a soul by suffering, no one can console or relieve it.' St. Margaret Mary Alacoque
Jul 14th 2014 new
For amusement value, it's hard to top the young Augustine: "Lord, make me chaste, but not quite yet".
Jul 14th 2014 new
"I'm well done. Turn me over."---St. Lawrence, while being roasted alive on a gridiron. flamed
Jul 14th 2014 new

A little off topic, but a quote, nonetheless:

You know, I told you people something a long time ago, and it's just as pertinent today as it was then. Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice. smile

---Dr. Sidney Freedman

Jul 14th 2014 new
(quote) Laura-1101156 said: There are so many great saints that sometimes it is hard to pick your favorite. They have all said some pretty incredible things, sometimes just a.one liner that sticks with you your whole life! I know I have at least five or six I could think of right off the top of my head.

But before I share any, my question is this:
What is your favorite Saint quote? Do you have more than one? Is it well known or a hidden gem that you would like more people to hear?

God bless and I can't wait to hear some of these!

MOTHER TERESA'S "People are Often Unreasonable"

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful you will win some false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you.
Be honest and frank, anyway.
What you spend years building, someone may destroy overnight.
Build, anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous.
Be happy, anyway.
The good you do today people will often forget tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough,
Give the world the best you have, anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, its all between you and God.
It was never between you and them, anyway.

Jul 16th 2014 new
"Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee."

Augustine of Hippo, The Confessions of Saint Augustine
Posts 1 - 10 of 21