Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

"Not calling back"

Jul 15th 2014 new
I seems to me that many women get hurt if the guy doesn't call back after the first date. But I'm thinking, isn't it pretty awkward to call and say "I'm just not that into you", just because you have taken a little coffee together? Isn't this a part of life, both friendship and dating, that sometimes you take a coffee with someone and then the contact fades away? Is it reasonable, or rather immature, to be hurt by this? I'd like feedback from both the gals and the guys on this.
Jul 15th 2014 new
We are all different people with different reactions to situations. One person might brush it off where someone else would take it as a major rejection, especially if they were all in to you. It would be a boring place if we all acted out the same emotions.. LOL Or could be non-stop excitement if every one of us got mad every time we were rejected.
Jul 15th 2014 new
(quote) Stale-1037163 said: I seems to me that many women get hurt if the guy doesn't call back after the first date. But I'm thinking, isn't it pretty awkward to call and say "I'm just not that into you", just because you have taken a little coffee together? Isn't this a part of life, both friendship and dating, that sometimes you take a coffee with someone and then the contact fades away? Is it reasonable, or rather immature, to be hurt by this? I'd like feedback from both the gals and the guys on this.
It only bothers me if I'm interested in the guy, especially if he said he'd call. I don't want a guy to call up and inform me he's not interested-- that's obvious when he doesn't call anyway-- but I hate being lied to, even about something trivial. Let your yes be yes and your no be no and your I'll call be I'll call.
Jul 16th 2014 new
(quote) Jean-504066 said: It only bothers me if I'm interested in the guy, especially if he said he'd call. I don't want a guy to call up and inform me he's not interested-- that's obvious when he doesn't call anyway-- but I hate being lied to, even about something trivial. Let your yes be yes and your no be no and your I'll call be I'll call.
Brilliantly put, Jean!
It wouldn't bother me in the least to let a meet-for-coffee-F2F be its own ending, so long as you haven't pretended that you'd like to continue. Besides, I can pretty much tell when someone loses interest. It's a little harder to tell the difference between interest in me as a person and interest in me as a form of entertainment. I do have a winsome personality after all.
Jul 16th 2014 new
(quote) Stale-1037163 said: I seems to me that many women get hurt if the guy doesn't call back after the first date. But I'm thinking, isn't it pretty awkward to call and say "I'm just not that into you", just because you have taken a little coffee together? Isn't this a part of life, both friendship and dating, that sometimes you take a coffee with someone and then the contact fades away? Is it reasonable, or rather immature, to be hurt by this? I'd like feedback from both the gals and the guys on this.
very warm welcome to the fora/OP Stale ....... no, it is not uncommon/unreasonable to experience overwhelmed feelings/emotion ... maybe that is why we create a personal fortress due to lack of respect/manners ... can it be the equation be a catastrophic online dating not to be friends and get to know one another then leading to someone www.youtube.com
Posts 1 - 5 of 5