Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

What apps do you like? I am not only talking about apps that help us with our spiritual life but life in general?

For example, I recently downloaded "Sleep Cycle" and it's really changed how I sleep and how I wake up. The idea is that everyone runs through three stages of non-REM sleep and REM sleep every 90 minutes. Ideally, your body best wakes up when it's in the lightest stage of sleep which is in Non-REM. So, you set the time you want to wake up, you put your phone under the sheet on your bed (it needs to be face down and connected to the charger), and you go to sleep. If I want to be awake by 5:45am, that is when I set the alarm for and it says it will wake me between 5:15am and 5:45am based upon where I am in the sleep cycle. It has a quiet bell tone that gradually gets louder. You can set the alarm tone yourself to something of your choosing. Then in the morning when you wake up, you see a graph of when you were awake, when you were in a light sleep, and when you were in a deep sleep. AND, it tells me the quality of my sleep based upon the data. It used to be that I would just wake up when the alarm sounded by it had nothing to do with how ready my body was to wake up. So even on nights when I get 7 or less hours of sleep, I still feel rested and awake in the morning and throughout the day.

Another handy, dandy app I use that is for women is iCyclus. I can track my monthly cycle there. So when I find myself extra tetchy, craving chocolate, wanting to sleep more, and feeling bleh, I look at the app and I say, "oh yeah, that's it." It's not for those using NFP, I believe there are fancier apps for that.

Anyone else have handy apps? Apps that keep you organized? Apps that you can't live without?
Jul 18th new
I like SoundHound...it's an app when you are driving down the road and you hear a song on the radio that you don't know the artist, you open the app and hold it up to your speaker and it tells you the name of the artist, the song, and what album it is from. Later on you can go back to the app when your not driving and see what songs you found and then go download them...if you don't know the words it displays the words as the artist is singing on the radio...Very cool app...

Love Pinterest, it's like a digital recipe box...so addicting!!
Jul 18th new
(quote) Sarah-804631 said: I like SoundHound...it's an app when you are driving down the road and you hear a song on the radio that you don't know the artist, you open the app and hold it up to your speaker and it tells you the name of the artist, the song, and what album it is from. Later on you can go back to the app when your not driving and see what songs you found and then go download them...if you don't know the words it displays the words as the artist is singing on the radio...Very cool app...

Thanks, Sarah! What a great app (Sound Hound).
Jul 18th new
(quote) Sarah-804631 said: I like SoundHound...it's an app when you are driving down the road and you hear a song on the radio that you don't know the artist, you open the app and hold it up to your speaker and it tells you the name of the artist, the song, and what album it is from. Later on you can go back to the app when your not driving and see what songs you found and then go download them...if you don't know the words it displays the words as the artist is singing on the radio...Very cool app...

Sarah,
Thanks for that recommendation. I never know songs when I hear them on the radio and it's so frustrating to like something and then not be able to find it in iTunes because you don't know anything more than some lyrics. I will have to try it out!

I just, as in two days ago, got a Pinterest account. I have held out for so long because I worry that it will be a huge time "suck" for me. But there are some things I have seen lately that I want to "pin" for remembering later, so that's why I finally created an account.
Jul 19th new
Pinterest is fantastic because you can not only pin recipes but say you reference an article quite often you can pin that as well!! So, if your in a store or not at home and you want to check out an article or recipe you have it right there on your smart phone.
Jul 26th new
Voice Dream is my go to app on a daily basis. It's a Text to Speech app I use to read books when I travel which I do a lot to and from work. My other go to app is Google Map for traffic. A necessity living in Dallas.
Jul 29th new
Rainy Mood is my favorite. Makes me sleep like a baby at night.
Posts 1 - 7 of 7