Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jul 16th 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: http://tinyurl.com/qg3l62w
Hi Bernard,
Catholic Bishops who blindly support illegal immigrants coming here don't consider the number dying, trafficked, abused on the way here, and they certainly aren't thinking about long-term consequences of these actions, like solidifying the party of death's (Democratic Party) power.

The Bishops certainly aren't thinking of the precedent it sets or where it will end. Why haven't they held masses in support of bringing oppressed Syrians, Iraqis or Iranians, etc. here? Probably because they are not majority Catholic, so it does seem to be a motivation other than humanitarian.
Jul 16th 2014 new

Welcome to America!

The Obama administration has awarded a $50 million contract to a charitable group to buy a Texas resort hotel and transform it in to a 600 bed facility for juvenile illegal aliens.

tinyurl.com
Jul 16th 2014 new
(quote) John-96761 said: Hi Bernard,
Catholic Bishops who blindly support illegal immigrants coming here don't consider the number dying, trafficked, abused on the way here, and they certainly aren't thinking about long-term consequences of these actions, like solidifying the party of death's (Democratic Party) power.

The Bishops certainly aren't thinking of the precedent it sets or where it will end. Why haven't they held masses in support of bringing oppressed Syrians, Iraqis or Iranians, etc. here? Probably because they are not majority Catholic, so it does seem to be a motivation other than humanitarian.
If we keep spending outrageous amounts of money we don't have, where, in a few years, are starving American children going to go. Will they flood across the Canadian border? Will they take the torturous route through Mexico to South America to beg for food?
Jul 16th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: If we keep spending outrageous amounts of money we don't have, where, in a few years, are starving American children going to go. Will they flood across the Canadian border? Will they take the torturous route through Mexico to South America to beg for food?
> Will they flood across the Canadian border?

Shhh. (Before they put a fence up.) shhh


Jul 16th 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: http://tinyurl.com/qg3l62w
Bernard,

Thanks for posting this.

I disagree with Michael Voris's assessment as to the importance of TX for the Democrat Party; I think they are already assured of the White House for generations to come. The demographics of the country have irreversably tipped, as the European Protestants and many Catholics have contracepted themselves into a position of irrelevance.

On another note, I think one can make a pretty credible argument that the hierarchy of the Catholic Church in the United States is practically, although perhaps not literally, a state-sponsored religion, not unlike the "official" Catholic Church in China.

Jul 16th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: If we keep spending outrageous amounts of money we don't have, where, in a few years, are starving American children going to go. Will they flood across the Canadian border? Will they take the torturous route through Mexico to South America to beg for food?
The Canadians do have all that vast land area up way up north that is not really being used to full capacity. If it just wasn't so chilly up there, it could make a very attractive homestead. Their population density is so small (at approximately 9 people per square mile) (see link below) that they probably wouldn't even notice the new arrivals. scratchchin

www.infoplease.com

Ed

Jul 16th 2014 new
(quote) ED-20630 said: The Canadians do have all that vast land area up way up north that is not really being used to full capacity. If it just wasn't so chilly up there, it could make a very attractive homestead. Their population density is so small (at approximately 9 people per square mile) (see link below) that they probably wouldn't even notice the new arrivals.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0934666.html

Ed

Just BYOB, OK?

And speaking of Canada (from the July 16 Toronto Star):

Court strikes down Conservatives cuts to refugee health-care coverage

The Federal Court says government changes to health care create two tiers of coverage between refugees who are from designated countries of origin and those who are not.

The decision to strike down Ottawas cutbacks to health-care coverage for refugee claimants is just the beginning of what could be a long judicial battle.

In a surprisingly strongly worded statement Friday, the court ruled Ottawas cutbacks to health-care coverage for refugee claimants are unconstitutional because they constitute cruel and unusual treatment.

The decision was quickly lauded by many, including the Canadian Doctors for Refugee Care, the Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers and Justice for Children and Youth groups that, along with two refugee claimants, challenged the law.

But within hours [Conservative] Immigration Minister Chris Alexander said Ottawa would be appealing the decision.

We remain committed to putting the interests of Canadians and genuine refugees first, he said in a statement.

Failed claimants and those from safe countries like the U.S. or Europe should not be entitled to better health care than Canadians receive. We will vigorously defend the interests of Canadian taxpayers and the integrity of our fair and generous refugee determination system.





Jul 16th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Just BYOB, OK?

And speaking of Canada (from the July 16 Toronto Star):

Court strikes down Conservatives cuts to refugee health-care coverage

The Federal Court says government changes to health care create two tiers of coverage between refugees who are from designated countries of origin and those who are not.

The decision to strike down Ottawas cutbacks to health-care coverage for refugee claimants is just the beginning of what could be a long judicial battle.

In a surprisingly strongly worded statement Friday, the court ruled Ottawas cutbacks to health-care coverage for refugee claimants are unconstitutional because they constitute cruel and unusual treatment.

The decision was quickly lauded by many, including the Canadian Doctors for Refugee Care, the Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers and Justice for Children and Youth groups that, along with two refugee claimants, challenged the law.

But within hours [Conservative] Immigration Minister Chris Alexander said Ottawa would be appealing the decision.

We remain committed to putting the interests of Canadians and genuine refugees first, he said in a statement.

Failed claimants and those from safe countries like the U.S. or Europe should not be entitled to better health care than Canadians receive. We will vigorously defend the interests of Canadian taxpayers and the integrity of our fair and generous refugee determination system.





So Paul, what do they mean by "better health care" than Canadians?
Jul 16th 2014 new
Bringing these illegals here has been planned for four years. Obama wants the Hispanic vote in Texas. If he gets it we're done. It's all a conspiracy to bring America down. If/when Hilary gets in, it's also all a conspiracy to bring America down. We are slowly losing our Freedoms. We need to pray that God protects our freedoms here in this country. Course we have been pushing God out of our country so I guess he is giving us what we want. Praying
Posts 1 - 10 of 21