Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

The Chemistry of Temperaments

Jul 20th 2014 new
These questions seek the wisdom of those who have studied the topic or learned it through experience. Of the four temperaments, what combinations create compatibility? What temperaments create incompatibility? And is there a temperament that, like an O+ blood donor, finds compatibility with the majority of the other three? I know there are other factors in compatibility, but I'm focusing on just the temperaments. Thanks in advance for your shared knowledge.
Jul 21st 2014 new

Well, personally I'm not convinced there's a lot of science there.

From experience I can tell you that, being a Sanguine/Phlegmatic, I am attracted to Choleric/Melancholic combos; they make interesting and stimulating friends. But in the long run I found the combination did not make for anything else.

FWIW.... two cents

Jul 21st 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

Well, personally I'm not convinced there's a lot of science there.

FWIW....

Marge (as usual) is right. The temperament test makes for fun conversation, but is scientifically flawed. Personality is much more complex than these overly reductionistic categories can capture. two cents
Jul 21st 2014 new
(quote) Keith-1063044 said: These questions seek the wisdom of those who have studied the topic or learned it through experience. Of the four temperaments, what combinations create compatibility? What temperaments create incompatibility? And is there a temperament that, like an O+ blood donor, finds compatibility with the majority of the other three? I know there are other factors in compatibility, but I'm focusing on just the temperaments. Thanks in advance for your shared knowledge.
Take the best of all the temperaments, toss the rest. I had a hard time with this test because there were questions that just didn't have answers in my opinion, so I had to go any mini on some of them and hence my temperament. Best advise would be just go Jesus temperament; your counter temperament then would be those who seek to do harm.
People change as well. If I were to take this test 5 or 7 years ago, my results wouldn't be the same.
Practice - patience, love, kindness, compassion, humility, and forgiveness. I think you'll be compatible with just about anyone.
Jul 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Keith-1063044 said: These questions seek the wisdom of those who have studied the topic or learned it through experience. Of the four temperaments, what combinations create compatibility? What temperaments create incompatibility? And is there a temperament that, like an O+ blood donor, finds compatibility with the majority of the other three? I know there are other factors in compatibility, but I'm focusing on just the temperaments. Thanks in advance for your shared knowledge.
When I read CM's temperament types and comparisons, I don't see any combinations that say, "Nope, don't even think about it." Or maybe my natural sense of optimism just doesn't let me see it.
I believe it's O negative that's the universal blood donor, and it just so happens, that's my blood type. Doesn't mean I'm a good candidate for donating blood --I'm ultra squeemish and it wouldn't be worth the effort it would take to get me to part with a pint.
I do believe that you can click on "compatibility" and find a list of potential advantages and disadvantages between your combo and anybody else's. I haven't found a pairing yet that doesn't also include at least quasi-warnings in a list of Do's and Don'ts.
Jul 23rd 2014 new
Keith,

What most people have to understand is that the Temperaments are social science not biological science. That being said..we humans are a combination of all 4 temperaments,,just that one or two are more predominant than others. Furthermore, knowing that we change as we Age and have more life experiences, so can our Temperaments change.
Most often a "Sanguine" is the O+ type since they are the most easy going and friendly type. It's not to say you may not see Temperaments that are somewhat opposite paired together,, for ex. a Choleric and a Melancholic,, but the differences in how each one acts on things would certainly prove challenging in the long run. scratchchin Praying
Jul 23rd 2014 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said:
Most often a "Sanguine" is the O+ type since they are the most easy going and friendly type. 
And is it just a coincidence that the universal blood type matches best with the word whose Latin and French etymology mean blood/of blood/blood red, Sanguine? Hmm... shhh wink
Jul 23rd 2014 new
Technical nit: O- is the universal donor type, not O+ (the Rh antigen in O+ blood can trigger severe hemolytic reactions when administered to someone who is Rh-).

Jul 23rd 2014 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said:

What most people have to understand is that the Temperaments are social science not biological science.    
I respectfully disagree, Dave. I am looking at the Temperaments from a social science view. From an ancient Greek philosophy standpoint, the Temperaments have historic and academic merit. But there is no science - social or otherwise. In the psychological community, the Temperament test is considered pseudo-science and not part of any professional psychological testing work-up. Just saying.
Jul 23rd 2014 new
I prefer this explanation of the Teperaments and their test.angeluspress.org
Posts 1 - 10 of 21