Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Hello!
I'm interested in finding out how many on this forum have personally experienced an apparition, miraculous healing, or locution in their lifetimes! Be honest and forthright.

Jul 21st new
(quote) Jacqueline-1109624 said: Hello!
I'm interested in finding out how many on this forum have personally experienced an apparition, miraculous healing, or locution in their lifetimes! Be honest and forthright.

These are tricky,and should be dealt with a Very Spiritual,and Doctrinally grounded Priest.Otherwise,these Charismatic experiences seem all too common,and doubtful
IMO.Is it something that should be casually discussed in a public Forum? scratchchin
Jul 21st new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: Is it something that should be casually discussed in a public Forum?
On a side note, I was on a date with a CM lady seven years ago. (I recently rejoined after a five year hiatus) A similar topic came up and I mentioned a profound spiritual attack I experienced on a retreat. It was a scary personal experience which I recounted to her. She never returned my phone calls after that. Needless to say, I probably should have kept to myself. embarassed laughing

That is not to say that subject of the original post shouldn't be discussed, but one should be careful what they share and how the experience is personally interpreted. Some people might not understand it and be put off by it. Also, as Bernard stated, it is good to have discussed it with a competent priest or spiritual director.

Just my two cents
Jul 26th new
Jacqueline,
This is a very personal topic - extremely important to the individual - and to share it means that one opens themselves to everyone's personal opinion including being shot down. Remember many of the saints were ignored by their own families and those who entered religious life were scorned by the orders they joined. I do not believe this is the forum for that discussion. Sorry.
Bernie
Posts 1 - 4 of 4