Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

This is the first of a seven part series.

www.ccwatershed.org

Jul 23rd 2014 new
Those guitars really do have to go.
Jul 23rd 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Those guitars really do have to go.
Along with the tambourines, bongo drums, etc.

Jul 23rd 2014 new
Really? Bongo drums?! In tribute to St. Maynard Krebs? laughing
Jul 23rd 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Really? Bongo drums?! In tribute to St. Maynard Krebs?
You rang?
Jul 23rd 2014 new
Isn't that Lurch? Are you suggesting a harpsichord? I am blessed with a parish that has a great minister of music. We have some great vocal talent as well as musicians. Yes, there is an occasional guitar but mainly piano and organ. And strings for Good Friday.
Jul 23rd 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Along with the tambourines, bongo drums, etc.

In defense of the tambourines (though I can certainly do without them) we have Psalm 150:4, which in some translations at least is rendered as "Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe!" (ESV). Other translations say 'timbrel' which is much the same thing. That said, the variety of musical instruments available in King David's time was probably pretty limited. The Douay Rheims has
"Praise him with timbrel and choir: praise him with strings and organs". I would have thought that "organs" was a mistranslation, as the earliest ancestor of the organ, the hydraulis, was invented by one Ctesibius of Alexandria in the third century BC.
Jul 23rd 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Really? Bongo drums?! In tribute to St. Maynard Krebs?
You, like, rang, good buddy?

Jul 23rd 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-1007495 said: Isn't that Lurch? Are you suggesting a harpsichord? I am blessed with a parish that has a great minister of music. We have some great vocal talent as well as musicians. Yes, there is an occasional guitar but mainly piano and organ. And strings for Good Friday.
Maynard G krebs famous into line on dobie gillis show

www.youtube.com

Jul 23rd 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: Maynard G krebs famous into line on dobie gillis show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpOYuCn95dY

Along with:
youtu.be

Posts 1 - 10 of 16