Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I had made a comment to NPR's coverage of a 'Sister' promoting Inter-Faith Unification through a Hindu Yoga Guru and the 'Fact' that all beliefs lead to heaven and the unification of all religions. I had seen an earlier report of a distortion of our Bishop in Phoenix being attacked for the excommunication of a nun for approving the abortion of an unborn child at a Catholic hospital with the bishop being portrayed as evil and praise of the 'courageous ex-nun'. I was unfamiliar with NPR being a source of distortions of Pope Francis and other stories twisting the Church Core Beliefs. Up until reading various NPR articles I had believed that they were a legitimate Catholic Publication. Recently, I started study all Catholic material. Comments from experts? theheart

My comment was: The core beliefs of Hindu Religion is Pantheism of many gods which include hundreds of cults and the worship of demi-gods representing 'the destroyer', 'illusion' destruction', 'perverse unnatural sexual practice and are simply paganism and contrary to Truth. Don't be deceived by NPR which is 'The Fifth-Column newspaper National Catholic Reporter' and in fact anti-Catholic. Readers are deceived by the very name of this publications which misrepresents the Pope and Catholic as well as Biblical Truth. The Sister in Phoenix, Arizona was excommunicated for directing an abortion in her use of the 'suction method' with no compassion and hideous pain of the unborn child while NPR promotes her as a heroine. Catholics Beware of NPR and these ideas promoted by NPR.
The United Nations is quoted quite often in these articles. Christ heal them in their grave sins and the error being promoted to the gullible and ignorant. John K , theheart K of C Tempe, AZ
Jul 22nd 2014 new
After reading your post, I came to the conclusion that you were not talking about National Public Radio, which is what I thought you were referring to in your subject line.

I have no idea what "NPR" you're talking about. Could you break down that acronym?
Jul 22nd 2014 new
Can't comment specifically on this story, John, but I was a former longtime NPR listener (and public radio supporter) who gave up on listening to that source of news about two years ago. For all the reasons you mention above and more. They question nothing, they dig nowhere, and they are essentially in my opinion a media outlet of the White House, critiquing zilch. So much for being the Fourth Estate, comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable. Just hearing those smug voices of the "reporters" if they happen to be on someone else's radio now gives me the willies!
Jul 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Hunter-996560 said: After reading your post, I came to the conclusion that you were not talking about National Public Radio, which is what I thought you were referring to in your subject line.

I have no idea what "NPR" you're talking about. Could you break down that acronym?
What he said
Jul 22nd 2014 new
Sorry for the confusion, Hunter, the reference to NPR was included in the NCR, National Catholic Reporter [stated also as The Independent News Source]. I began a Google Search trying to find the location of these 5,000 kids from Central America, that have been dropped here in Phoenix in order to start finding volunteer families to house them, which is where I found this 'Fifth Column' statement which Bishop Fulton J. Sheen commonly used in his broadcasts. I was aware of anti-Catholic media disguising themselves as representing the official Roman Catholic News sources and started reading these twisted stories of the Pope and every sort of news and 'untrue statistics' on various subjects that I don't have time right now to mention. Recently, I became aware of the Society of St. Pope Pius X (SPPX) and their conflicts through a older devout Catholic cousin that is my 16 yr. old daughter's Godmother. She worked at the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana and as a recent widow has come under the influence of a female activist from Peru with a PhD. that has convinced her that a Notre Dame group sanctioned and backed the Holy Orders of the ordination of a female Catholic Priestesses, which had to be held across the state line a few miles North in Three Oaks, Michigan.This also started the 'rant' that that Vatican-II is the point where the Roman Catholic Church is no longer the True Church of Christ. She seems to believe that anyone with a PhD. is godlike and now attends a new remote church.

I have worked in the defense industry and find that it is difficult to believe that these 70,000 Drug Cartel murders just South of the Border 90 miles from here go unreported in our screened out media and the fact that there are an estimated 60,000 kids at the U.S.-Mexico Border are staging to continuing to enter Arizona. Some people that I talk with are under the opinion that all of them are gang members with M-13 tattoos etc. and work with the Cartels and some are Al Qaeda. Some of this is true, but many of these children are as young as 3 or 4 yrs. old and their parents have sent them here to avoid their murder by Drug Cartel leaders in Central America on their drive North. Again, most American citizens are not getting the news. This all started when my daughter and I offered to take in a few youngsters.

If anyone has the actual authentic Vatican News, I would like them to sort them out from the bogus groups representing themselves as 'Official Catholic Sources'. It is coming at us from all directions now and U.S. Citizens are unaware of the thousands of Catholics being murdered for their Faith in the Islamic world. Our existence as a Free-Society is now in peril.
Jul 22nd 2014 new
Hope, please refer to my correction with Hunter.
Jul 22nd 2014 new
Virginia, I went back and looked at their heading. The reference to NPR was included in the NCR, National Catholic Reporter [stated also as The Independent News Source] and appeared as an official Church publication.
Jul 23rd 2014 new
John,

Let me try to get this straight, since your second post was all over the map and, to me, added absolutely no clarification whatsoever regarding my question.

Are you saying that the National Catholic Reporter (NCR, ncronline.org) described National Public Radio (NPR) as "the Fifth Column of the Catholics"?

If so, please link the article. Or, if it was a print article, the title, author, and publication date. I will admit that I rarely listen to NPR, but I never once would have thought of it as even slightly pro-Catholic, let alone "the Fifth Column of the Catholics".
Jul 23rd 2014 new
(quote) John-879088 said: the reference to NPR was included in the NCR, National Catholic Reporter [stated also as The Independent News Source].
I don't understand what you mean by "NPR was included in the NCR"

As for the National Catholic Reporter (not to be confused with another NCR: the National Catholic Register, which is now owned by EWTN):

This publication is frequently referred to as the National Catholic Distorter for very good reason: it frequently attacks Church teachings and promotes positions that are opposed to Catholic doctrine. The Reporter was condemned by the bishop of Kansas City, where it is published, in 1968 and again by the current bishop a year or so ago.

1968: greenspun.com
2013: catholickey.org

Jul 31st 2014 new
Hunter, The two articles referenced by Jerry, our moderator will explain to you the confusion. As the Bishop in the first reference stated,'the word Catholic' in the 'Mast' top of newspaper block should remove the word 'Catholic' from that rectangular block[he calls it 'mast'. It didn't state anything about NPR that happened to be in that 'rectangular mast' and NPR was just in that 'mast'. NPR, just further confused the issue. I believed that I was reading a Catholic publication. Read Jerry's clarifications. theheart
Posts 1 - 10 of 10