Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Hi everyone, what do you think of Amy Bonnaccorso's advice in "How to get to 'I do': a dating guide for catholic women"?
Jul 24th new
(quote) Nneka-884955 said: Hi everyone, what do you think of Amy Bonnaccorso's advice in "How to get to 'I do': a dating guide for catholic women"?
very warm welcome to the Fora/OP Nineka wave smile .... I haven't read it yet ...........
Jul 24th new
I read it a few years back. Some of the advice was good, but overall not possible to apply where I live unfortunately. Also she is still very young and a bit too over-enthusiastic. I prefer getting advice from someone who is the age of my parents or older since they have longer life experience (and been married more than a couple of years). A bit fun to read, but I don't think I'll reread it.

If someone wants to buy the book from me, PM me! :)
Jul 24th new

I literally just finished reading this book a few days ago! I think Amy has some good ideas/suggestions, though I am not sure I agreed with all of the sentiment. And really, she must have been quite fluent in dating as she references a whole lotta guys she "dated" through out the book! (Perhaps defining what she considers "dating" would be helpful. 1 date, 3 dates, 3months of dates?)

I did read things which were good to have reiterated (being realistic with expectations, focusing on your life not hunting for a guy, "clicking") again. I borrowed the book from our Church library, but wouldn't buy it. I think the best advice is still, living life, staying close to God and praying for your future husband daily.

Hope this helps!

Jul 25th new
I think she was very enthusiastic. I followed her advice but things have not worked out yet for me unfortunately. I'm starting to worry because of my age and my desire to have children. Any advice for me?
Posts 1 - 5 of 5