Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Criteria mismatch?

Jul 25th new
I've been contacting local CMers of all ages to invite them to an in person event. Sometimes, when trying to invite a younger man, I get a CM message saying Criteria Mismatch and that I will not be allowed to contact that person unless they "favorite" or message me first.
I didn't know CM had such a rule.

Jul 26th new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: I've been contacting local CMers of all ages to invite them to an in person event. Sometimes, when trying to invite a younger man, I get a CM message saying Criteria Mismatch and that I will not be allowed to contact that person unless they "favorite" or message me first.

It's not a criteria mismatch per se, but based on the ages of the sender and recipient: if the younger party is less than a certain percentage of the age of the older, the message is not allowed unless the younger person itiniates the contact as stated (or if they are the same sex?)

You could ask either a male or a female younger than you to act as an intermediary.

Jul 27th new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: I've been contacting local CMers of all ages to invite them to an in person event. Sometimes, when trying to invite a younger man, I get a CM message saying Criteria Mismatch and that I will not be allowed to contact that person unless they "favorite" or message me first.

That is also referred to as cougar alert!!
Jul 28th new
Weird, as I thought CM was a place for Catholic friendships as well as dating. Do they really need to make rules for contact between adults over 18?
Posts 1 - 4 of 4