Standard practice has always been more women then men active in the Church, and that is any Church, Catholic, Protestant, etc. Islam might be an exception, but that would be because they marginalize their women.
Yes, the fundamental premise is on the right track. I found the stats more positive than what I have read from other sources.
The percentages are not at all a recent snapshot. Some stats are from 27 years ago, and the most recent seem to have been gathered 6 to 8 years ago.
One Mormon mentioned to me "Jack Mormons", who say that they are Mormons, but don't meet the requirements to be a Mormon in good standing.
The Evangelicals are a little more passionate about their faith than the mainstream protestant folks.
There is a general decline of religion in American life, and certainly in Europe.
It is hard to separate out what is unique to Catholicism vs. general cultural changes that affect all religions.
One thing I did not see was the question of how much the father affects the practices of the children. Among my own family, if the father practices, then the children will practice. If the father does not practice as a Catholic, his children will not, regardless of the mom. Not sure if this is generally true, but it is what I observe.
- Cumulative figures show that during the past decade, the Knights of Columbus has donated $1.5 billion to charity, and provided more than 673 million hours of volunteer service in support of charitable initiatives.
- Local fundraising by my council has provided several thousand dollars worth of food and hygiene supplies to a local agency, We support the vocations, we support the ultrasound purchases in the dioceses, and we entirely fund the largest private adult disabled living center in Oklahoma.We also have given about $1500 so far to help parishioners who were in need this year.
- There is no other lay organization i know of that has done more to support right for life.
- There is no other lay organization that has done more to support vocations.
- The order of the Fourth degree is the most patriotic lay organization in the Church.Btw, The pledge of allegiance did not appear until 1954 and and in part by intense lobbying by the Knights of Columbus.