Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

I normally don't open up these articles but it was a good read. As most of you would expect Money was on top of the list. It was nice to see how one expects to care for elderly parents was on the list. I think many of us in our 40's and up are seeing an increase if caring for our parents and it can get in the way of a relationship.

Please add to the list or make comments. I need help how to have a relationship while also caring for my mother.

Blessings as we strive to please God in all our works.

Kathleen wave

tinyurl.com

Jul 27th 2014 new
Hi Kathleen!
its good to see you again!
I couldn't get the link to open but I'm curious to know what it says.
Hope all is well with you!
Jul 27th 2014 new
(quote) Susie-550311 said: Hi Kathleen!
Try again - I just fixed the link.

Jul 28th 2014 new
(quote) Susie-550311 said: Hi Kathleen!
wave Hi Susie and everyone.

Here is the list without the details:

1. Money
2. Children
3. Workload
4. Family
5. Elderly Parents
6. Sexual expectations
7. Life priorities
8. Deal breakers
9. Support

Thank you Jerry for fixing the link. I think it's good to communicate and I thought this list was good.
God Bless us Praying
Jul 29th 2014 new

Faith and values.

(My sister married an unchurched man. She said the scariest part of their marriage was the one time they played "Scruples" and she learned his value system.)

yesterday at 3:48pm new
(quote) Kathleen-5781 said: Hi Susie and everyone.

1. Money
2. Children
3. Workload
4. Family
5. Elderly Parents
6. Sexual expectations
7. Life priorities
8. Deal breakers
9. Support

Thank you Jerry for fixing the link. I think it's good to communicate and I thought this list was good.
God Bless us
Thanks! Good advice :) muck as I enjoy surprises these are things a couple should discuss before marriage. Shared goals and values are important for me to be able to respect and commit to someone.
yesterday at 4:06pm new
I think that this link will work.

tinyurl.com

08:26am new
I didn't see "religious beliefs and practices", unless this is included under #7. Faith beliefs and practices should draw a couple closer together, but it doesn't always happen that way. One might have some bizarre beliefs and are totally incompatible with those of the other.
7:23pm new
(quote) Kathleen-5781 said: Hi Susie and everyone.

1. Money
2. Children
3. Workload
4. Family
5. Elderly Parents
6. Sexual expectations
7. Life priorities
8. Deal breakers
9. Support

God Bless us
1. How do they handle money/finances. I really don't care how much money they earn but how do they handle money? Do the bills get paid? Are they always in debt/asking family and friends For a helping hand? Are they Big spenders, always wanting to keep up with appearances, etc?

2. Are they really pro-life? I'm a mother of a special needs boy and you don't know how many people told me " I should have just aborted him and tried again For a perfect baby".....this was from so-called family values, pro-lifers.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9