Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Most of us who are of a certain age have that one person in our past who we reflect on from time to time (or maybe even more often than that) ,,You know, The One Who Got Away ... So, the question is: Knowing what you know now, if that long lost love could somehow magically come back to you, would you thank your lucky stars and take her/him back ...or has experience taught you that it wasn't meant to be for a good reason? ? Does the passion still burn, or has the ardor flamed out? ....

Jul 26th 2014 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said:

Most of us who are of a certain age have that one person in our past who we reflect on from time to time (or maybe even more often than that) ,,You know, The One Who Got Away ... So, the question is: Knowing what you know now, if that long lost love could somehow magically come back to you, would you thank your lucky stars and take her/him back ...or has experience taught you that it wasn't meant to be for a good reason? ? Does the passion still burn, or has the ardor flamed out? ....

Nope. The past is the past. I'm not sure of the reason but I'm sure it was right.
Jul 26th 2014 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: Nope. The past is the past. I'm not sure of the reason but I'm sure it was right.
No. Of course I'm looking back as a much older and more mature person.
Jul 26th 2014 new

Richard this is would have to get a 'it depends' response.
Instances of infidelity and abuse in the past would probably make it very difficult to start over.
It is possible that the initial encounter may not have been the right time for you both.You might have both matured over time.
An important part of reuniting would be forgiveness and healing on both sides.
Jul 26th 2014 new

"The one who got away" is to me the one with whom one did not get a chance but wanted to have a chance for whatever reason(s). So yes, most definitely. Anytime, anyplace.

Jul 26th 2014 new
I don't think I have the energy or time to look back .... life is precious at this moment in time and enjoying every thing Blessed Mother Mary and God has given me ... go back would change my future which I would not trade in for something old .... rose hug Praying Dove theheart rosary Dove rose rose rose
Jul 26th 2014 new
No. I've moved and don't look back.
Jul 26th 2014 new
So ... no one has any lost loves out there? Amazing
Jul 27th 2014 new

I would if he converted to the faith and became a devout Catholic. I'm very fond of him, but we aren't a good match now because our beliefs are so different.
Jul 27th 2014 new
Richard....I would agree with Jim, that the past is the past. Not saying that there was ever a person in my life that Got Away, but it was meant to be heartbeat , then it would have happened.

Since we are more mature and wiser, it would seem that our life experiences would have taught us to truly care about that person, but in our minds we may want to go back in time on how we actually knew that person.

That's my two
two cents

Posts 1 - 10 of 109