Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I came across this link: waitingtillmarriage.org

What are your thoughts?

Jul 26th new
#5 all the way---and who said that only women are waiting for marriage? wink thumbsup
Jul 26th new
(quote) Russ-959222 said: #5 all the way---and who said that only women are waiting for marriage?
Aha! I see they did a companion piece---when a man tells a woman he's waiting! scratchchin

waitingtillmarriage.org.
Jul 27th new
(quote) Tessy-971159 said: I came across this link: http://waitingtillmarriage.org/the-5-reactions-that-guys-will-have-when-you-tell-them-youre-waiting/

What are your thoughts?

Sometimes there is respect without agreement...
Jul 27th new
(quote) Jean-504066 said: Sometimes there is respect without agreement...
And without confusion for that matter.
Jul 27th new
Most of the guys I've come across with have been some combination of 1 or 2, which I'm fine with, honestly. I get that saving oneself for marriage is not common these days, so if he wants to back out early rather than stick around for a potentially volatile relationship, that's good by me.
One of my exs was a #3. It was terrifying when I realized it, because he didn't lose interest and walk away, as the article implies, he actually tried to force himself on me multiple times. I wound up not dating for over a year after that because I felt like I could never trust a guy again. I mean, he was Catholic (but not really), said he was OK with waiting (but again, not really), and he was a weekly Mass attendant (another lie).
Bottom line: I'm now far less likely to give a guy a chance on here if he doesn't accept the Church's teaching on premarital sex.

Jul 27th new
Jean, I've had that too. One guy actually said "that's so cool!" and he was very upbeat and impressed, but he definitely didn't want to date me because he honestly believed that premarital sex was a-ok and he knew I wasn't going to give it to him. Nice guy though.
Jul 27th new
Yep, I'm #7 on the girls reaction link thumbsup
Jul 27th new
I've experienced #1 from guys many times...lol
Jul 27th new
I've been on the receiving end of #3 and #5 most often. Usually preceded by a deer-in-the-headlights look, lol. But that's ok, and I'm used to it. Actually, what I find more difficult (than having this discussion with someone) is when the guy slips up in random conversations, cluing me in to his own "experience" with women. For instance, telling me how to rub his shoulders a certain way, then acting impatient because (somebody else, apparently prior to me) did x,y, z differently. Also, hinting about what kind of lingerie he likes, or what he'd like to see on you. I am sure my silence comes off as aloofness, but really, I get overcome with this crippling sadness. I feel almost (I don't know, devastated?) when the man I'm falling for is nonchalant and up-front about his "needs," as if he's already experienced so much that he knows already what he does or doesn't like. Whereas for me, it's something I can dream about but not discuss. It's just a struggle, saving that side of myself as a most precious gift for my husband. And knowing that, whoever he is, he very likely hasn't done the same for me... and probably won't even appreciate or value the difficult struggle it was, staying pure for him.

I don't mean to sound sad, it was just a long day. Blessings to you all.
Posts 1 - 10 of 12