Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Just wondering if anyone gets involved in any 5k events in your area or even longer runs? Most times they bring the communities together and give back to local charities as well! I do 2 or 3 a year if possible to have fun and stay in shape! Any comments are appreciated! wave scratchchin
Jul 27th new
(quote) George-80266 said: Just wondering if anyone gets involved in any 5k events in your area or even longer runs? Most times they bring the communities together and give back to local charities as well! I do 2 or 3 a year if possible to have fun and stay in shape! Any comments are appreciated!
Funny you should bring this up. My youngest son called a couple nights ago. Said he competed in a 5K. Since he inherited his running abilities from me, I thought it was a wrong number! Turns out it was more of an obstacle course, and he did really good.
It brought in lots of charity money.
Jul 27th new

Oooh! Running! My favorite!!

I haven't raced in a couple years...hope to do so again this Fall. :-)

Question for those who meet dates at races...how do you do it? I'm usually among the first finishers, so am struggling with how to be sociable when I want to have a hard run.

Jul 27th new
(quote) Michael-780154 said:

Oooh! Running! My favorite!!

I haven't raced in a couple years...hope to do so again this Fall. :-)

Question for those who meet dates at races...how do you do it? I'm usually among the first finishers, so am struggling with how to be sociable when I want to have a hard run.

Specifically... I find it difficult to meet ladies at races. :-( Going to have to slowwww doooowwwwwwnnnnn, I think...
Jul 27th new
(quote) Michael-780154 said: Specifically... I find it difficult to meet ladies at races. :-( Going to have to slowwww doooowwwwwwnnnnn, I think...
I would think it would be hard to meet women at 5k events that are single! Would be garden to know that for sure but good to know someone enjoys staying fit!!! scratchchin
Jul 27th new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: Funny you should bring this up. My youngest son called a couple nights ago. Said he competed in a 5K. Since he inherited his running abilities from me, I thought it was a wrong number! Turns out it was more of an obstacle course, and he did really good.
It brought in lots of charity money.
I have not done any 5k recently but will do one in September! It's the Saturday I return from my Colorado trip and it's in Iowa City! The Hawkeyes are playing away that week and the race winds up on the stadium turf at Kinnick stadium! Sounds like your son did a great job with his race! Happy weekend!
Jul 31st new
George, I would think just the opposite... Women at 5k races outnumber men by a substantial number...
Posts 1 - 7 of 7