Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Hello ladies, I want your honest and objective opinion. I have naturally curly hair and I think it looks good on me the way it is now but I'm not sure whether others agree or not. I have been complimented on my hair by several women over 40 but none whatsoever by women my age. Is this a generation gap in style preferences or is it just that compliments are just not spoken. I HAVE been complimented on my hair, however, after I get it cut. Does this mean I should keep it short? So what do you like better- the Bilbo Baggins look or an army buzz cut, lol I seriously don't care either way- I'll style my hair to whatever looks the best to others since I have no preference myself. Gentlemen, you can have your input as well but don't expect me to take your opinions too seriously :D
Jul 28th new
(quote) Andy-896770 said: Hello ladies, I want your honest and objective opinion. I have naturally curly hair and I think it looks good on me the way it is now but I'm not sure whether others agree or not. I have been complimented on my hair by several women over 40 but none whatsoever by women my age. Is this a generation gap in style preferences or is it just that compliments are just not spoken. I HAVE been complimented on my hair, however, after I get it cut. Does this mean I should keep it short? So what do you like better- the Bilbo Baggins look or an army buzz cut, lol I seriously don't care either way- I'll style my hair to whatever looks the best to others since I have no preference myself. Gentlemen, you can have your input as well but don't expect me to take your opinions too seriously :D
Well, I'm not really your age, but I do like curly hair if it's short enough not to look clownish. I'd even go so far as to say I prefer curly hair to straight, though it would never be a huge factor in my decision to date someone.
Jul 28th new
(quote) Andy-896770 said: Hello ladies, I want your honest and objective opinion. I have naturally curly hair and I think it looks good on me the way it is now but I'm not sure whether others agree or not. I have been complimented on my hair by several women over 40 but none whatsoever by women my age. Is this a generation gap in style preferences or is it just that compliments are just not spoken. I HAVE been complimented on my hair, however, after I get it cut. Does this mean I should keep it short? So what do you like better- the Bilbo Baggins look or an army buzz cut, lol I seriously don't care either way- I'll style my hair to whatever looks the best to others since I have no preference myself. Gentlemen, you can have your input as well but don't expect me to take your opinions too seriously :D
Andy as long as you keep your hair well groomed don't worry about what other people think. From what I can see you have very nice hair.
Jul 29th new
(quote) Andy-896770 said: So what do you like better- the Bilbo Baggins look or an army buzz cut, lol I seriously don't care either way- I'll style my hair to whatever looks the best to others since I have no preference myself. Gentlemen, you can have your input as well but don't expect me to take your opinions too seriously :D
When I think of the "Bilbo Baggins look", I think of out-of-control foot hair. laughing

I agree with Rhonda---curly or straight hair is much less important than well-groomed. thumbsup
Jul 29th new
Hi Andy, it looks to me like you have a nice head of hair! Since you are in the dating and mating market, it makes sense that you would want to optimize your attractiveness to your age peers. If positive feedback from informal others is not adequately reassuring, you have the option of going to a hair stylist who specializes in curly hair to advise you on the most flattering cut for your facial shape and age group. Please keep the hair appearance aspect of yourself in context, though; carrying yourself with confidence is way more important. smile
Jul 29th new
If you'd like my complete honesty, I think a close cut (but still slightly long enough to tell it can be curly) is the best look. Curly hair can be hard to care for, even for guys. If it's not done properly and kept conditioned well it tends to looks chaotic. I think short(ish) hair on guys is the way to go, not just for those with curls.

Just my two cents smile
Jul 29th new

Well, I may be prejudiced as to curls. laughing

As long as you don't shave your head, I'm satisfied with what a guy's got.

BTW, I suspect younger women don't compliment you or make comments because they're afraid you'll interpret it as more of a "come on" than it is.

Aug 12th new

Oh my word, yes. I have a huge thing for curls. Very very very very attractive to me. I totally spazzed when LoTR came out.

Aug 12th new
Use some hair product for curly hair and comb it backwards. Then take a new photo so we can better decide.
Aug 14th new

Well Andy my youngest son is just a bit older than you and the only one with curly hair. He has short back and sides and short but still curly top. AND he has a girlfriend. She is terrific coming from a large Irish Catholic Family like ours. Yippee. Your hair looks good in the photo.

Posts 1 - 10 of 12