Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jul 28th new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: http://tinyurl.com/ms3jpx9
I know, This speaks volumes about our President. Sadly France though, Is just one step away from succumbing to Sharia law.I wonder how much persecution would they endure in France?
Jul 28th new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: I know, This speaks volumes about our President. Sadly France though, Is just one step away from succumbing to Sharia law.I wonder how much persecution would they endure in France?
We're living in very scary times, and things seem to be heading south fast.
Jul 28th new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: I know, This speaks volumes about our President. Sadly France though, Is just one step away from succumbing to Sharia law.I wonder how much persecution would they endure in France?
I'm thinking that the French will resist Sharia for longer than the English will.
Jul 28th new
Good article.

I think that these Christians should be at (or near) the top of our list for legal immigration to the U.S. (and other countries) due to their dire circumstances of persecution and our connection to that country.

But concerning Obama..... I'm not holding my breath that a president that has become so used to "leading from behind" will step up and lead from the front. I think that he will completely ignore this particular plight of Christians. I have become increasing convinced that Obama is simply tired of the job of president and doesn't care much about many of these serious issues. I think that he really likes the trappings of the office (especially flying around on Air Force One), but not the job. I would not be surprised if he has a count-down clock on his desk >>> Above the count-down clock .... "Days Until I Can Leave and Go Golfing Full Time" rolling eyes

Ed

Jul 28th new
Heard today on the radio that since his reelection, Obama has played 81 rounds of golf and attended 75 fundraisers.

Jul 28th new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Heard today on the radio that since his reelection, Obama has played 81 rounds of golf and attended 75 fundraisers.

Heavy on the audacity, light on the hope.
Jul 28th new
Wait a minute.

The French are those people that the Americans always point the finger at and accuse of avoiding a fight; there is no shortage of jokes along these lines poking fun at them.

If France is going into harm's way when America won't, who are the Americans going to make fun of?

(We're never going to get our French fries back now; it's going to be "freedom fries" for the foreseeable future.) :(

Jul 28th new
(quote) William-607613 said: Wait a minute.

The French are those people that the Americans always point the finger at and accuse of avoiding a fight; there is no shortage of jokes along these lines poking fun at them.

If France is going into harm's way when America won't, who are the Americans going to make fun of?

(We're never going to get our French fries back now; it's going to be "freedom fries" for the foreseeable future.) :(

I'll bet the French have plenty of American jokes these days!

Jul 28th new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: I'll bet the French have plenty of American jokes these days!

I understand that the French aren't sending troops in (as you well know). I simply think those two bishops are pretty brave individuals (as well as whoever is making the trip to Mosul with them).
Posts 1 - 10 of 14