Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jul 29th new
Bernard, Thanks for sharing this powerful youtube video. It is imperative that this message get out! I am sending the link to friends outside of CM!
Jul 29th new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPmAy_8eJnw
Christianity, especially Catholicism, is the only faith in the Middle East that tolerates and respects all the others. Now Christians are suffering persecution on the African continent, and in China and Indonesia. Sometimes I think we may some day be forced into another Crusade just to survive.
Jul 30th new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Christianity, especially Catholicism, is the only faith in the Middle East that tolerates and respects all the others. Now Christians are suffering persecution on the African continent, and in China and Indonesia. Sometimes I think we may some day be forced into another Crusade just to survive.
Hi Peter,

Would you care to hazard any guesses on where such a crusade might originate, and where it might go, and what the actual goal could/would/might be ?

Jul 30th new
(quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Peter,

Would you care to hazard any guesses on where such a crusade might originate, and where it might go, and what the actual goal could/would/might be ?

Bernie, I hope it doesn't come to that. If trends continue on their downward spiral, somewhere down the road Christian and other non-muslim countries may have to band together and fight just to survive. Any "crusade" would be defensive out of pure necessity, not to conquer. The 2010 Church massacre in Baghdad as shown in Bernard's video should have been a wakeup call. Not even terrorists ending the 1700 year Christian presence in Mosul, Iraq seems to have registered significantly with the West. Also I just don't see the US fighting for Christianity's sake with it's current political makeup. Very complicated- the Chinese are destroying churches, but they're Communist not Muslim. Communism is threatened by all religions.
Can't really answer your question other than to say we cannot allow the world to become overrun by radical Islam. As the woman in the video explained, there was peace and harmony as long as Lebanese Muslims were in the minority- then it became hell on earth. The "Arab Spring" did nothing but unshackle the devil. England and France seem to be the canaries in the coal mine right now.

Jul 30th new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Bernie, I hope it doesn't come to that. If trends continue on their downward spiral, somewhere down the road Christian and other non-muslim countries may have to band together and fight just to survive. Any "crusade" would be defensive out of pure necessity, not to conquer. The 2010 Church massacre in Baghdad as shown in Bernard's video should have been a wakeup call. Not even terrorists ending the 1700 year Christian presence in Mosul, Iraq seems to have registered significantly with the West. Also I just don't see the US fighting for Christianity's sake with it's current political makeup. Very complicated- the Chinese are destroying churches, but they're Communist not Muslim. Communism is threatened by all religions.
Can't really answer your question other than to say we cannot allow the world to become overrun by radical Islam. As the woman in the video explained, there was peace and harmony as long as Lebanese Muslims were in the minority- then it became hell on earth. The "Arab Spring" did nothing but unshackle the devil. England and France seem to be the canaries in the coal mine right now.

Hi Peter,

Thx for the prompt and interesting response.

You present several strong points, which may eventually require the same response as was applied to the attempted murderers of civilization in Germany and Japan.

" ....we cannot allow the world to become overrun by radical Islam. " O K, but who/where is the " we " right now ? With the usual reservations about how much of the picture we are really getting, just me, I do not believe the current WH occupant will ever initiate, or allow others to initiate, any such policy or action.
Posts 1 - 6 of 6