Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

I'm not sure that I will remarry unless a man would come along and sweep me off my feet!
For me, companionship would be my major reason.
someone to enjoy meals with, lavish in compliments, traveling, enjoy hobbies together and apart. which brings me to another aspect of marriage.
will you "allow' your better half to keep his hobbies he had when he was single? even if it means that he will be away from home for the evening hours? Your together time in the evening. will you feel abandoned by him/her? all alone again. So what will you do then? get your computer out to look for something entertaining? go out with friends to get home at about the same time as he/she does? cook up meals for the week?
Have you given any thought to what it will be like when you marry another person who has his/ her interests other than your love relationship?
I have several female and male friends who have chosen to remain single up into their late 60's. They all say they will never marry. what are your feelings toward this? They say they don't want anything else to worry about. They have enough troubles to deal with on a day to day basis.
Jul 29th new
Yes the companionship is part of it.There is also the desire to love another.One realises that you desire more than just friendship.
With regards to hobbies I would like us to enjoy some hobbies together.There will be times when we may want to do different things.This should not be in the majority .During the times when we may not be together there is always lots to do .I believe that marriage is not to have someone there like a doormat .We should be growing closer not apart.
Looking forward to doing it again.
Jul 29th new
(quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: Yes the companionship is part of it.There is also the desire to love another.One realises that you desire more than just friendship.
With regards to hobbies I would like us to enjoy some hobbies together.There will be times when we may want to do different things.This should not be in the majority .During the times when we may not be together there is always lots to do .I believe that marriage is not to have someone there like a doormat .We should be growing closer not apart.
Looking forward to doing it again.
I feel the same way, Sherrill-ann.
Jul 29th new
good OP to contemplate .... I will have to dwell on total picture and see if there is room for and fit in that part of the room ..... so being in remote space at the moment, I have to write down pros and cons, wonder if anyone does that anymore or merely toss it out the window ..... at the moment I don't have a major only minor at best to seize in my peculiar picture which is not exclusive .... wonder what he would/might think if he saw the complete picture, that would be my main concern IF, oh well, I must move on !!! ........ rose hug Praying Dove theheart rosary Dove rose rose rose
Jul 29th new
Companionship is a big part of my desire to marry, but certainly not all of it. If companionship were the only desire, I have plenty of friends, male and female, who could easily fill that role. But, there seems to be a deeper desire that keeps knocking at my heart. It's the desire to find a man who loves me for who I am, who I am not, and who accepts the love I have for him. A man who shares my love of God, Christ, the Catholic faith, and mankind. A man who demonstrates compassion and charity, and a man who does his best to imitate Christ's love for His Church. I have every reason to call it quits in the marriage quest, but something keeps tugging the strings of my heart and I feel a hope that encourages my search. My desire for marriage ebbs at times, but then I suddenly experience an exhilaration of hope and I'm back looking around and wondering where God will lead me.
Jul 29th new

Gooid evenbing All lovebirds>

Great thread. It prompts me to reflect on so many of the beautiful people on CM that have no idea what love is all about. So many use the cash register to determine if another is worthy of ones own desires. You see, it is ones own desires that kills the free flow of love. To love and be loved, nothing but the other party is important. Forget the money, education, location, family, jobs, politics, grandkids and all the other self imposed impediments to your finding the right mate.

For me marriage is the Zenith of life. It is the place where all fears are soothed and all expectatiions are fulfilled. It is a place of unbelievable joy and happiness. It is the place where our Creator made us to be. I find it easy to love as I know how to accept the opposite for what they are not what I wish them to be. Each individual is just that, an individual made in the likeness of God. Why try to change them?

It is so very beautiful to see each individual as just that , an individual. What glory each one can contribute to a marriage. That is what keeps a union tight. It is the mystery of what will surface tomorrow. How wonderful that two people can continue on the journey of love as tomorrow another surprise crosses the stage of life.

I wish to be married as I have the powerful capacity to love and be loved. Over my life I have learned what it is to give all that I have as the power to give is what results in receiving love in return. One can only get if they give. I have been blessed with two very powerful and sacred marriages. I have never tried to make any comparrisons between the two. They both were most loving and magnificient.

In my book, ":Choices", I coined the phrase 'I will nerver love another more than I loved Connie, but I will never ,love another less than I loved her". This thread prompts me to evaluate my two marriages. The results: I loved Valerie as I loved Connie. The Question: Can I love another again with the same power? Answer: Absolutely

God ,love and protect all

Be safe, be happy and be in love

Philip

Jul 29th new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: I'm not sure that I will remarry unless a man would come along and sweep me off my feet!
For me, companionship would be my major reason.
someone to enjoy meals with, lavish in compliments, traveling, enjoy hobbies together and apart. which brings me to another aspect of marriage.
will you "allow' your better half to keep his hobbies he had when he was single? even if it means that he will be away from home for the evening hours? Your together time in the evening. will you feel abandoned by him/her? all alone again. So what will you do then? get your computer out to look for something entertaining? go out with friends to get home at about the same time as he/she does? cook up meals for the week?
Have you given any thought to what it will be like when you marry another person who has his/ her interests other than your love relationship?
I have several female and male friends who have chosen to remain single up into their late 60's. They all say they will never marry. what are your feelings toward this? They say they don't want anything else to worry about. They have enough troubles to deal with on a day to day basis.
All i have to compare my feelings toward is my first marriage. My husbnad mostly worked nights which left me alone from mid afternoon until midnight or later. I was young so this really didn't bother me. I was the happy little homemaker, every man's dream of being able to come home to a home cooked dinner. After our baby came in our lives, my outlook did change. I wanted us to be a family, like on the Leave it To Beaver tv series. you know, mom in the kitchen cooking, dad reading the paper while the kids played. My little dream turned into a nightmare. the divorce came about from trust issues among other things that went haywire.
Once you are in a bad marriage, it's difficult to imagine that you could be in a better one.
A CM guy whom I've talked to on here has told me that the divorced people have been through a lot of hardships in their marriages. I do believe that we are put through these hardships in order to make us more aware for the next time around, if there will be one given to us.
I was thinking this afternoon what my next marriage will be like so I dreamed up this topic with the hopes of gettng your feedback.
thank you for all your replies
Jul 29th new
I want a partner in crime.
Jul 29th new

But seriously, folks.... I want someone to give to .

Kids don't count. You give to your kids out of duty.

You give to a spouse out of generosity and self-sacrifice; you are truly "other-oriented". It makes you a better person.

Jul 29th new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I want a partner in crime.
scratchchin not a knight-errant !!!
Posts 1 - 10 of 80