Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Personalities

Jul 29th new
I wanted to start a poll and in the process learn a little bit about the members on here.

Do you consider yourself Introverted or Extroverted? Introverts tend to recharge during quiet, private time. Extroverts recharge with social engagement.

Which ever you are, please list your temperament if you know it from doing the test on here.
Which ever you are, are you a night owl or a morning person?

I wish there was a way to tally the results because I think it would be interesting to see the pattern to the results.

I myself am an introvert, a melancholic phlegmatic, and a morning person. Pretty tame stuff here. I enjoy reading, movies that make you think beyond the story, and offering personality polls like this one tongue

Jul 29th new
I'm mostly an introvert, though social gatherings take less out of me than they used to. Sometimes I even feel a bit revived afterward, depdning on the gathering. (I've been working on becoming more social)

The last time I took the test, I was 51% phlegmatic and 49% Melancholic. I am definitely NOT a morning person! Wake me up too early and I'm likely to scream someones head off. laughing
Jul 29th new
Melancholic Choleric. The melancholic side, introverted, means I don't mind going off and doing stuff by myself. I'd rather go hiking alone or with one or two others than be in a crowded room full of sanguines, each trying to step on each others' words in haste to make conversation, much of which to me seems pointless. I value a few close friends far more than a hundred acquaintances. The choleric side makes for an interesting twist, I am able to function well in settings where there are a lot of people, providing everyone stays on task. I'm even capable of taking a leadership position in such task-oriented, goal-driven groups. Just don't ask me to plan a party, ha. The choleric side I think makes me more of a morning person; I don't like to get up, but once I'm awake I have to get going... can't stand to sit around the house for more than 15 minutes longer than I have to.

As far as others, I find my self being drawn time and again to Melancholic Phlegmatics. I enjoy their thoughtful nature, and their ability to express themselves in an articulate manner, especially in writing... although it sometimes takes them awhile to get their thoughts in order and then to present them. I also find it extremely difficult, and in some cases nearly impossible,to gain their trust and get accepted into their lives. More than once I've fallen for melancholic-phlegmatics on here, only to have them just slip back away into their own worlds, sigh.

Jul 29th new
Well that's one (Amber) reply out of 25 views.

What could you conclude about people who don't respond?

I admit it's not the most stirring poll question one could post, but it is open ended if you want it to be.

Jul 29th new
(quote) Joseph-1103914 said: Well that's one (Amber) reply out of 25 views.

What could you conclude about people who don't respond?

I admit it's not the most stirring poll question one could post, but it is open ended if you want it to be.

Another thing about being a melancholic-choleric is that we are often numbers people, very detail oriented and particularly into numbers. This particular forum room's stats for the past month are over 1100 readers but only 129 posters, or about 10 to 1 lurkers to posters. Lots of non-paying members, who cannot post, like to read what's going on here as well. Keep on posting, Joseph, we all learn can a lot from each other in this online community!
Jul 29th new
(quote) Michael-76823 said: Melancholic Choleric. The melancholic side, introverted, means I don't mind going off and doing stuff by myself. I'd rather go hiking alone or with one or two others than be in a crowded room full of sanguines, each trying to step on each others' words in haste to make conversation, much of which to me seems pointless. I value a few close friends far more than a hundred acquaintances. The choleric side makes for an interesting twist, I am able to function well in settings where there are a lot of people, providing everyone stays on task. I'm even capable of taking a leadership position in such task-oriented, goal-driven groups. Just don't ask me to plan a party, ha. The choleric side I think makes me more of a morning person; I don't like to get up, but once I'm awake I have to get going... can't stand to sit around the house for more than 15 minutes longer than I have to.

As far as others, I find my self being drawn time and again to Melancholic Phlegmatics. I enjoy their thoughtful nature, and their ability to express themselves in an articulate manner, especially in writing... although it sometimes takes them awhile to get their thoughts in order and then to present them. I also find it extremely difficult, and in some cases nearly impossible,to gain their trust and get accepted into their lives. More than once I've fallen for melancholic-phlegmatics on here, only to have them just slip back away into their own worlds, sigh.

I appreciate your points about melancholic-phlegmatics. I have studied the Myers-Briggs types and some of what you're saying draws some parallels between the melancholic-phlegmatics types and Introverted types who like to be open to endless possibilities without really deciding. I tend to be that type.

I like your perspective on being attracted to those types. I wonder if it goes back to someone you had an affinity for growing up?
Jul 29th new
(quote) Joseph-1103914 said: I appreciate your points about melancholic-phlegmatics. I have studied the Myers-Briggs types and some of what you're saying draws some parallels between the melancholic-phlegmatics types and Introverted types who like to be open to endless possibilities without really deciding. I tend to be that type.

I like your perspective on being attracted to those types. I wonder if it goes back to someone you had an affinity for growing up?
While she never took the temperament test, I think my mother may have fallen into the melancholic phlegmatic realm. My dad did take the Myers Briggs at least once, and I found his score: ISTJ, same as me. He was more the melancholic-choleric type. Both were rather introverted, stay at home or in smaller social settings kind of people, very hard working, well liked and respected by others in their community, but not socialites by any means.
Jul 29th new
I consider myself an introvert. I do enjoy small gatherings mainly with people I know.
Jul 29th new
I'm phlegmatic and melancholic so what does it mean, is it label, so we have some identity like a name and number .... nite and day is how we cope daily or when we are best energized .... introvert/extrovert once I might be introvert now extrovert or maybe both just a matter of balance as in everything .... let's say if I get married then would my life change depending on my spouse temperament or his interest .... I have change/transform not for someone but due that so many wonderful gifts/experience, bc life/opportunities has been good to me ... maybe, when I retake the test in a few yrs, I'll be another temperament ....
Jul 29th new
(quote) Amber-1078229 said: I'm mostly an introvert, though social gatherings take less out of me than they used to. Sometimes I even feel a bit revived afterward, depdning on the gathering. (I've been working on becoming more social)

The last time I took the test, I was 51% phlegmatic and 49% Melancholic. I am definitely NOT a morning person! Wake me up too early and I'm likely to scream someones head off.
Woah... It's been a while since I took the test so I just retested. I got 85% Choleric and 15% Melancholic. HUGE difference from my last results! Maybe I should take it again when I'm not so tired. laughing
Posts 1 - 10 of 58