Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

how joy in our lives can truly be peace www.catholicnews.com rose hug Praying Dove theheart rosary Dove rose rose rose
Jul 30th new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: how joy in our lives can truly be peace http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1403144.htm
this should be 10 secrets ..... ( shhh apologize may have to figure out the other missing 10 in here crossfingers scratchchin ) flower flower flower

Jul 31st new
Thanks for sharing this top 10 list of secrets to happiness from Pope Francis. I think I probably do 8 out of 10 of these quite regularly, though I know #2 Be giving of yourself to others, I could always do more of. And then there's my life's nemesis, #8 Stop being negative. rolling eyes *sigh I've tried during different phases of my life to eradicate negativity, but it always seems to rear its ugly head again where it often comes to be that I seem I to almost always see the bad that can come of something rather than the good. It's not that I don't want to be positive and that I don't understand that positive things can come about, and it's not that I don't understand that it is often the attitude one takes and the lens through which they choose to see something that can create what is good versus what is bad. It's just I guess, that I often expect negative to happen instead of things to work out well. I feel 'fake' when I pretend that things are great and wonderful, when really they're not, it's like I'm overly aware that I'm wearing 'rose colored glasses'. *sigh I know it's all in the perspective, I just need to be able to adjust my life's lenses to viewing the positive perspective instead of the negative in a way where I know it's real and sincere rather than forced or disingenuous. So I wish Pope Francis could add on a How To manual for those like myself who seem to always put on those pessimistic spectacles again and again... eyebrow
Aug 3rd new
(quote) Mary-466498 said: Thanks for sharing this top 10 list of secrets to happiness from Pope Francis. I think I probably do 8 out of 10 of these quite regularly, though I know #2 Be giving of yourself to others, I could always do more of. And then there's my life's nemesis, #8 Stop being negative. *sigh I've tried during different phases of my life to eradicate negativity, but it always seems to rear its ugly head again where it often comes to be that I seem I to almost always see the bad that can come of something rather than the good. It's not that I don't want to be positive and that I don't understand that positive things can come about, and it's not that I don't understand that it is often the attitude one takes and the lens through which they choose to see something that can create what is good versus what is bad. It's just I guess, that I often expect negative to happen instead of things to work out well. I feel 'fake' when I pretend that things are great and wonderful, when really they're not, it's like I'm overly aware that I'm wearing 'rose colored glasses'. *sigh I know it's all in the perspective, I just need to be able to adjust my life's lenses to viewing the positive perspective instead of the negative in a way where I know it's real and sincere rather than forced or disingenuous. So I wish Pope Francis could add on a How To manual for those like myself who seem to always put on those pessimistic spectacles again and again...
mary,
as I was reading this I was saying hey, that is how I am!
Posts 1 - 4 of 4