Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Any luck on this Site?

Jul 30th 2014 new

Hello all. I hope that each and everyone of you is having a great day 😏 I just wanted to ask you all if any of you are having any luck with this site with trying to connect with the opposite sex. I have sent a dozen messages to different gals with just introducing myself and asking them if they want to chat with me, and all I get is .......................

Any luck with you guys?

Jul 30th 2014 new
I have had some luck on this site. Though not as well the first time around. I have had a few dates and talking to quite a few women but nothing meaningful as of yet for myself. Keep at it. I am sure someone will want to talk to you sooner or later.
Jul 30th 2014 new
I've sent some emotigrams and messages and I'm not always going to get a response back. Waiting for a woman to message you first is not a bad idea. It may not be as common for a woman to message a man first but it does happen. I do understand the feeling of being frustrated with nobody responding back. I kind of just take a step back and just be patient. You will never know who you will meet next. Anyway, that is just my opinion on the matter. Good luck, Adrian.
Jul 30th 2014 new
Hi Adrian---welcome to the forums!
My thought is that a lot of women may not be quite comfortable with chatting right away. I would suggest, instead, that you try asking something about a person's profile. thumbsup
Jul 30th 2014 new
1. Fill out your profile, make yourself more interesting. Make an interview, fill out the temperament test.
2. Add more photos of you and your hobbies, life style etc.
3. State what it is you actually seek on this site; chat buddy or marriage partner? Personally, I don't want anyone to hassle me with the chat function until we've written to eachother a little first. Starting the chat immediately creeps me out a bit to be honest. So in your messages be clear about what it is you seek and what you appreciate about the womans profile (compliments on looks is also creepy, so I avoid that). Hope this helps!
Jul 30th 2014 new
so women don't like compliments on looks? I'm confused but ok.
Jul 30th 2014 new
(quote) Adrian-1093418 said: so women don't like compliments on looks? I'm confused but ok.
Yes, but not like "hey, you are so beautiful" as the first thing you write. We appreciate more the compliments on us as persons, our achievements, our inside etc.
After you've been writing back and forth with someone and it's going somewhere, then you can mention that you think she is beautiful, but not in the beginning.
Jul 30th 2014 new

Adrian,

I have had my share of luck with this site, but not the kind that leads marriage. When it comes to contacting women on any online site, you should relate to their profile. Making an honest and open contact relating to her hobbies, general interests will help greatly. But be sincere about you are commenting about. If she likes to ride her bicycle as a source of exercise and you do too this is something to comment about. It's like striking up a conversation online. Yet don't expect to chat with women until she is ready and truly interested. If there is some particular thing you are interested in that she is not interested, she may just lose interest overall.

Good luck,

Robert

Jul 30th 2014 new
(quote) Adrian-1093418 said: so women don't like compliments on looks? I'm confused but ok.
Honestly, even if you mean it sincerely, it sounds insincere to us, probably because we rarely believe it of ourselves. You'll get far better luck commenting on something a lady has put in her profile and striking up a rapport with her first, because then when you do later tell her she's beautiful she'll believe that you actually do think she has value in your eyes rather than that you are just insincerely hitting on her. Personally, I wouldn't believe physical compliments from any guy until he had met me in person but other ladies might be different. Definitely save them until later though, even if you honestly mean them.
Jul 30th 2014 new
You have to understand that men are attracted to physical beauty .Men are visual.Don't ever take it as a slight when a man tells you you are beautiful (in the beginning).He is appreciating the God given beauty that was bestowed on you.Women have to once and for all just accept this! I don't want to hear one complaint from any woman reading this!! mischievous :laughing: After we get to know you better,we will show appreciation for your other qualities.If a man thinks you are beautiful,but waits to tell you.He is either being politically correct, shy,or blind. A woman's beauty is like a Neon Sign in total darkness.Did I make my point yet? :laughing: cool
Posts 1 - 10 of 73