Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

The woman in black

Jul 31st 2014 new
This story is all over facebook and is making headlines in local small town newspapers. My daughter sent me the link this morning. What are you thoughts concerning this woman's journey?
www.bbc.com
we may never know the reason why she walks from state to state to get to her final destination.

Jul 31st 2014 new

Connie,

All it reminds me of is Forrest Gump. It doesn't take a lot to get people interested in some one doing some thing unusual. Frankly her request to be left alone is one that should be respected. We all do things that others are confused about or amazed by, but we prefer to just be left alone in our own fashion. There is nothing stunning about her and the trip she was on is her own business. Perhaps her way of handling the day to day trials. Since she wishes to be left alone, we will never know. Honor her request and just drop the nonsense.

Robert

Jul 31st 2014 new
Robert,
I heard about her last week from the Democrat newspaper I get from Cynthiana Ky. In this small town people saw her walking through the countryside. Many thought she was ghost/ spirit of someone who had died. Reporters said she was walking down highway 27 toward Cincinnati. The reason I posted this article/video was to inform others who had not heard of her before.
Yes, I immediately thought of Forest Gump. Also, let's not forget about Arthur Blessitt youtu.be. Even though Mrs. Poles doesn't want to be discussed and wants to be left alone, we still can talk about her journey. t
Jul 31st 2014 new
This reminds me of a funny story, Several years ago my daughter and her husband where downtown late at night and My son in law said, Look, There is Jesus and he is carrying a cross., My daughter took a few seconds to respond , When she turned around ,There was no one there. The next day I was at the bank in the drive in, I look across the street, and sure enough there was a fellow dressed and hair to match Jesus , Carrying a six foot cross with a wheel on the end of it. I called my daughter and said I just saw Ben's Jesus, So she no longer thought he was seeing things.
Jul 31st 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: This reminds me of a funny story, Several years ago my daughter and her husband where downtown late at night and My son in law said, Look, There is Jesus and he is carrying a cross., My daughter took a few seconds to respond , When she turned around ,There was no one there. The next day I was at the bank in the drive in, I look across the street, and sure enough there was a fellow dressed and hair to match Jesus , Carrying a six foot cross with a wheel on the end of it. I called my daughter and said I just saw Ben's Jesus, So she no longer thought he was seeing things.
sound like Arthur Blessitt to me Charles. his cross had a wheel on the end.
I suppose if you have a drive to do something like this then nothing will stop you. why do anyone of us do the things we do! we have to wonder sometimes
Jul 31st 2014 new
My first thought was, she's hiking the Appalachian Trail and wearing the outfit to keep the mosquitos off.
Jul 31st 2014 new
this is my daughter's opinion:

I dont know. The black because of the deaths in her family, and going to Virginia who knows? Maybe something to do with her military background and walking because she has done it before and it is a goal to accomplish, and a meditative exercise????
Jul 31st 2014 new
Hey Connie, wave

If you go to SpiritDaily it states there that her family says she is going through depression and that they are worried about her. So I don't know. I do know that people that are deeply depressed do things as this. So I don't know. That's all I know. heart Praying rose
Jul 31st 2014 new
Well I think it's interesting, not so much the fact that she's walking for in general walking is good exercise and allows for one to be outside and to travel and see places with one's own two feet having trekked that place, not to mention it can allow for one to surely do a lot of thinking and perhaps a lot of praying. The real reason it seems she's drawing so much attention is due to how she's dressed and the fact she doesn't want to talk. But I say, that's her prerogative. Leave her be. I find it ridiculous how people are reacting. Lining the streets to get a glimpse of her? She's a woman walking, leave her alone unless and if she seems to be in trouble or seems to want some company. People don't always need an outward reason for others to understand what it is they are doing. I say, so long as the person doing it understands why and it is not hurting anyone else, then let it be.

By the way, there is another woman I am aware of who walked much further than the "the woman in black". She was known as Peace Pilgrim. I discovered all about her in a little town I lived in when I lived off campus while getting my undergrad. Egg Harbor City is where she grew up and where her 90+ year old sister lives to this day (and whom I've met and had dinner with wink ). There is a park there in her honor, but this synopsis from the Peace Pilgrim website of her journey sums it up best,
"From 1953 to 1981 a silver haired woman calling herself only "Peace Pilgrim" walked more than 25,000 miles on a personal pilgrimage for peace. She vowed to"remain a wanderer until mankind has learned the way of peace, walking until given shelter and fasting until given food." In the course of her 28 year pilgrimage she touched the hearts, minds, and lives of thousands of individuals all across North America. Her message was both simple and profound. It continues to inspire people all over the world."
www.peacepilgrim.com

Jul 31st 2014 new
Oh and I just came upon this article stating "the woman in black" has reached her destination and has asked for police protection from bystanders. www.nydailynews.com.
And then this vid where the woman IS talking and engaging in a rather heated 'discussion' in a parking lot. Hmm...www.youtube.com
Posts 1 - 10 of 12