Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

(Rome) A year ago, on 29 July 2013, the provisional government of the Franciscans of the Immaculate (FI) was announced.Since August 11, the Order has been prohibited the celebration in the traditional form of the Roman rite. Its fate now lies in the hands of a triumvirate: which was set up by the Congregation of Religious' Apostolic Commissioner Father Fidenzio Volpi, OFM Cap, the Franciscan "parricide" Father Alfonso Bruno (FI) and a hitherto barely visible, but the more active eccentric figure, who was active as a consultant with the criminal action against the Order: "Professor" Mario Castellano. Who is Mario Castellano? This question was asked by Emmanuele Barbieri for Corrispondenza Romana. What he was doing is astonishing as summarized here.tinyurl.com
Aug 5th new
The more information that comes out about this situation, the less I understand.
Aug 5th new
(quote) Michael-1105113 said: The more information that comes out about this situation, the less I understand.
The explanation for that is that the "more information" that comes out about it, is from a source with axes to grind about the whole situation. And it is not Rome. Aside from the simple explanation at the time an action is taken where the reason for the action is given in general terms, Rome does not talk about it.

So all you do see, is gibberish put out by a those who are disgruntled by everything in the Church since VII, especially if they think , in their own minds, that somehow anything like this is a direct attack on the Tridentine Mass.
Aug 5th new
(quote) Michael-1105113 said: The more information that comes out about this situation, the less I understand.
It is not for you, I, or any of those who have been commenting on it to understand.

I second Paul's comments. Prayer and sacrifices, in particular fasting, for this situation, and for the Church and her clergy in general, will please God. All the divisive and pointless commentary surely does not: it is a manifestation of pride, which is characteristic of Satan, not God.

St. Padre Pio was unjustly persecuted by those in the Church for many years. How did he respond?

Aug 5th new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: It is not for you, I, or any of those who have been commenting on it to understand.

I second Paul's comments. Prayer and sacrifices, in particular fasting, for this situation, and for the Church and her clergy in general, will please God. All the divisive and pointless commentary surely does not: it is a manifestation of pride, which is characteristic of Satan, not God.

St. Padre Pio was unjustly persecuted by those in the Church for many years. How did he respond?

It's your opinion that the commentary is pointless Jerry.It is also your opinion that it is a manifestation of pride.Leave the judging up to God,and stop commenting yourself,because now it is becoming devisive.
Aug 5th new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: It's your opinion that the commentary is pointless Jerry.It is also your opinion that it is a manifestation of pride.Leave the judging up to God,and stop commenting yourself,because now it is becoming devisive.
And nothing you ever say or post is not divisive?
Aug 5th new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: And nothing you ever say or post is not divisive?
No.It's only after the usual suspects begin the group attack tht it becomes divisive.The pattern is always the same. smile
Aug 5th new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: It's your opinion that the commentary is pointless Jerry.It is also your opinion that it is a manifestation of pride.Leave the judging up to God,and stop commenting yourself,because now it is becoming devisive.
Pointless is neutral: it is my opinion that it is worse than pointless, being spiritually harmful for those involved and for the situation in general.

Here is a simple litmus test: Either make the tree good and its fruit good: or make the tree evil, and its fruit evil. For by the fruit the tree is known. (Matt. 12:33) The overwhelming lack of charity present in many of the commentaries on this and similar subjects -- many of which don't even suggest the one response that may bear fruit (prayer) -- should be all the bad fruit needed to see their true nature.

The irony is that many of these prominent "traditionalists" are exhibiting traits of the same modernism they are so vehemently protesting against. Pray for them as well.

Aug 5th new
Nevertheless,it is your opinion of the situation.
Aug 5th new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: No.It's only after the usual suspects begin the group attack tht it becomes divisive.The pattern is always the same.
Come now, Bernard, if the the article or statement is controversial on its face, it is by definition divisive.

Sorry, but you just can't hide behind the fiction that all you have done is posted something for information, when that posting is controversial on its face and then further claim that it is divisive only if someone responds to it.
Posts 1 - 10 of 23