Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jul 31st new
Pretty much, yeah. Isn't it great how we can always find some common ground?
Jul 31st new
(quote) Bernie-645443 said: https://twitter.com/charlesmurray/status/494790555314814976/photo/1
Bernie, That is a great Venn diagram. clap
Aug 8th new
The winnowing point :

At dusk the distant mountains loom
Against a darkling sky of doom
Yezhidi women softly weep
As hungry children try to sleep
Below them monsters climb the hills
Intent upon the easy kills
In Washington Obama speaks
And bravely claims he rules the peaks
That ISIS will now rue the day
They put the USA in play
He says that soon UN will rule
That ISIS build the kids a school
And feed the older girls and boys
And turn in guns for baby toys
When that day comes, Obama claims
The history books will take the names
Of all, like him, who made the peace
A world where violence will cease
Weve come to help our Kurdish friends
As soon as we define the ends
In meantime we sit idly by
And watch the brave Yezhidi die

pjmedia.com

The problems will be addressed, if not now - later, after massive numbers of preventable deaths.

Outrageous rhetoric notice : defenders of the current l'etat c'est moi promulgater should prolly skip the next para.

The somewhat long Fernandez article is blunt, and many of the comments are brutal, but the 0Emperor's train bearers are out of excuses. They may line up learned linguistic twisters around the world, pile up philosophes to Pluto, blackmail and bribe the streetwalkers of MSM to quell or quash the quanta of data, self-define themselves as yaweh, odin, allah, gaia, or fairness, but this administration deliberately removed the last and only protection of millions. The hand washing has been ongoing, but can never disguise their einsatzgruppen enabling.

O K , rant off. The article discusses things which must be addressed, and does make many valid points. These are the questions which should have been resolved in 2009. Now the cost of procrastination will be bloody. Praying Praying for all those trapped in the mideast.
Aug 8th new
(quote) Bernie-645443 said: The winnowing point :

At dusk the distant mountains loom
Against a darkling sky of doom
Yezhidi women softly weep
As hungry children try to sleep
Below them monsters climb the hills
Intent upon the easy kills
In Washington Obama speaks
And bravely claims he rules the peaks
That ISIS will now rue the day
They put the USA in play
He says that soon UN will rule
That ISIS build the kids a school
And feed the older girls and boys
And turn in guns for baby toys
When that day comes, Obama claims
The history books will take the names
Of all, like him, who made the peace
A world where violence will cease
Weve come to help our Kurdish friends
As soon as we define the ends
In meantime we sit idly by
And watch the brave Yezhidi die

http://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2014/08/07/the-last-of-the-yezhidis/#more-38521

The problems will be addressed, if not now - later, after massive numbers of preventable deaths.

Outrageous rhetoric notice : defenders of the current l'etat c'est moi promulgater should prolly skip the next para.

The somewhat long Fernandez article is blunt, and many of the comments are brutal, but the 0Emperor's train bearers are out of excuses. They may line up learned linguistic twisters around the world, pile up philosophes to Pluto, blackmail and bribe the streetwalkers of MSM to quell or quash the quanta of data, self-define themselves as yaweh, odin, allah, gaia, or fairness, but this administration deliberately removed the last and only protection of millions. The hand washing has been ongoing, but can never disguise their einsatzgruppen enabling.

O K , rant off. The article discusses things which must be addressed, and does make many valid points. These are the questions which should have been resolved in 2009. Now the cost of procrastination will be bloody. for all those trapped in the mideast.
I'll put on my Machiavelli hat here and ask the hard question: what would you pay, in American blood and treasure, to stop or crush ISIS?
Aug 9th new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: I'll put on my Machiavelli hat here and ask the hard question: what would you pay, in American blood and treasure, to stop or crush ISIS?
Hi Paul,

That is the bottom line, isn't it. I don't know precisely.

What if they receive funding to attempt to attack Iran ? Is there any point where the administration's own R2P will be invoked here ?

Not too long ago A-10s could have removed those convoys.

In the boiling frog progression, where is the world now ? Where is humanity now ?

IMHO. the murderers will continue to murder until or unless someone decides to stop them. The last 35 years demonstrate the effectiveness of collective action in this situation. Those who are totally pacifistic or would welcome martyrdom have that right. I'm not so sure they have the right to make that decision for anyone else.

I suspect that the winnowing time is here, and that the past refusal to build a new paradigm peacefully will now result in the imposition of a very disagreeable new violence based model.

As others have observed, the problem is not just the idiocy of 1600 Penn, but also the fact that the administration was elected twice.

Khe Sanh, Highway 8 and 80 to Baghdad, Serbia, show the potential and effectiveness of U S military action when necessary. The elected government of Iraq has been begging for U S air support for months. Those " convoys ", enclaves, and staging areas could have been terminated at any time.

Why, then, does ISIS/L still exist ?

IMHO, civilization will pay a price to stop the mass murderers, the question is when and how high.

Aug 10th new
blogs.villagevoice.com

While I don't buy several of the premises, still an interesting look from the left on modern interaction.
Aug 11th new
(quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Paul,

That is the bottom line, isn't it. I don't know precisely.

What if they receive funding to attempt to attack Iran ? Is there any point where the administration's own R2P will be invoked here ?

Not too long ago A-10s could have removed those convoys.

In the boiling frog progression, where is the world now ? Where is humanity now ?

IMHO. the murderers will continue to murder until or unless someone decides to stop them. The last 35 years demonstrate the effectiveness of collective action in this situation. Those who are totally pacifistic or would welcome martyrdom have that right. I'm not so sure they have the right to make that decision for anyone else.

I suspect that the winnowing time is here, and that the past refusal to build a new paradigm peacefully will now result in the imposition of a very disagreeable new violence based model.

As others have observed, the problem is not just the idiocy of 1600 Penn, but also the fact that the administration was elected twice.

Khe Sanh, Highway 8 and 80 to Baghdad, Serbia, show the potential and effectiveness of U S military action when necessary. The elected government of Iraq has been begging for U S air support for months. Those " convoys ", enclaves, and staging areas could have been terminated at any time.

Why, then, does ISIS/L still exist ?

IMHO, civilization will pay a price to stop the mass murderers, the question is when and how high.

The mindset of the leaders of the Western Nations as well as their Allies in the East has reverted to the pre 1939 mindset.

Kerry, (the war hero who wasn't one) whose thinking is as screwed up as his boss's could very easily turn out to be 2014's Chamberlain..
Aug 11th new
Attributing responsibility : pjmedia.com
Aug 11th new
The new standard from President Truthful ( credit to Nicholas von Hoffman ) : pjmedia.com

The new common denominator for credibility ?

When elected leaders refuse to fulfill Constitutional responsibilities, others will emerge. This joke of a Presidency ( and government ) will eventually succumb to ridicule as much as actual political opposition. A look at recent Euro trends should have us nervous about where the alternative leaders may be pointed.
Posts 1 - 10 of 17