Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

Aug 1st 2014 new
Hallo! Anybody interested in developing and practicing their German language skills? Bis bald!
Aug 1st 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: Hallo! Anybody interested in developing and practicing their German language skills? Bis bald!
Deutsch ist eine gutturalen Sprache, Nicht sehr romantisch.
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: Deutsch ist eine gutturalen Sprache, Nicht sehr romantisch.
Was bedeutet Libe demil zu tun haban?
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: Was bedeutet Libe demil zu tun haban?
What means to do love demil haban? I am sorry but you have scorched my software. laughing
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: Deutsch ist eine gutturalen Sprache, Nicht sehr romantisch.
Many people do think that German is too harsh to be considered romantic. I think that when spoken right and not shouted, it is a beautiful and rhythmic language. I also believe that the media created a view of the language as being fierce. That is, most films with a German theme have to do with the Third Reich, Nazis shouting and "Heil Hitlering" each other.
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: What means to do love demil haban? I am sorry but you have scorched my software.
The only things scorched, Charles, are my memory files and typing accuracy skills. irked The sentence is supposed to read: Was bedeutet Liebe damit zu tun haban? sorry
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: Many people do think that German is too harsh to be considered romantic. I think that when spoken right and not shouted, it is a beautiful and rhythmic language. I also believe that the media created a view of the language as being fierce. That is, most films with a German theme have to do with the Third Reich, Nazis shouting and "Heil Hitlering" each other.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman's last film, "A Most Wanted Man," was filmed in

Germany. Some German was spoken, but there was mostly German accents

used. This film did not show the language or the dialogue of them speaking

English as harsh. Actually, it was a very soft adaptation, as opposed to the

other German "Nazi" films you mention. Just thought you might be

interested in knowing that. The film was just OK. A little bit flat. Willem

Defoe was in it also.

Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: Many people do think that German is too harsh to be considered romantic. I think that when spoken right and not shouted, it is a beautiful and rhythmic language. I also believe that the media created a view of the language as being fierce. That is, most films with a German theme have to do with the Third Reich, Nazis shouting and "Heil Hitlering" each other.
I don't speak any German but I have a son who is majoring in German. Last night we went out to eat and there was a sign advertising a local brewery whose name contained an umlaut my son considered inappropriate. Apparently it was just some trendy font style. It really got under his skin. smile
Aug 2nd 2014 new
Aug 2nd 2014 new
Sehr comisch!
Posts 1 - 10 of 56