Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Aug 2nd 2014 new
What unusual sound have you heard lately?
This morning, I've been hearing the hummingbirds come and go from a bird feeder. The Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds are surprisingly loud for their tiny size.
Aug 2nd 2014 new
it sounds like the neighbor is sawing wood! bright and early beginning at 8:30 A.M.
Aug 2nd 2014 new
Tinnitus in my right ear. One of the perks of getting older.
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Brett-848238 said: Tinnitus in my right ear. One of the perks of getting older.
Watch that "getting older" talk, you whippersnapper. :toothlesssmackingnoise:
Tinnitus can be a real bear, but do you pronounce it \tə-ˈnī-təs\ or \ˈti-nə-təs\ ?

www.howjsay.com

Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Brett-848238 said: Tinnitus in my right ear. One of the perks of getting older.
oh, you have that too? I have it in both ears. Getting on the computer helps for me since I mostly hear the sound of the computer. Also, I take one timed release vitamin B-12 daily. On some days I don't hear it at all. try the B-12.
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: it sounds like the neighbor is sawing wood! bright and early beginning at 8:30 A.M.
Do you mean that literally, or in the sense of snoring? smile

Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Russ-959222 said: Do you mean that literally, or in the sense of snoring?

Snoring would be unusual to hear starting at 8:30 AM. And here I was, thinking that chainsaws and lawn mowers usually crank up well before 8:30 AM of a Saturday in these parts.
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Russ-959222 said: Do you mean that literally, or in the sense of snoring?

LOL no, meant that literally. that guy next door gets up at the crack of dawn to start his yard work. usually he wakes me up but this morning I got up before him!
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: Snoring would be unusual to hear starting at 8:30 AM. And here I was, thinking that chainsaws and lawn mowers usually crank up well before 8:30 AM of a Saturday in these parts.
we have an ordinace in my city where none of that is allowed until 9 A.M. ..........not even the noisiest snorer's. LOL
Aug 3rd 2014 new

Boy, are you lucky!!!

I've been listening all day to raucous cries from the skies: flocks and flocks of sea gulls! (I live 200 yards from the harbor, and yes, sea gulls do flock!) I'm thinking the young ones have just got started learning to fly and they're all celebrating. But, zow -- it's an unpleasant racket!

Posts 1 - 10 of 34