Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Hello everyone, just want to put this thought out there for you all. When we have developed our zone of comfort, the routine of it can be alright at first. Over time this repetition can become tedious, and our lives can get into a rut so to speak. To spice it up a bit we all need to venture or break out of this zone, and get involved in other things. Also, visiting other places and mingling with people there will provide us a better chance at meeting more people, and making friends. Thus our social net expands and we can find our selves part of group, or cause, and we can begin to feel even more confident about exploring other avenues life. We over time can be a part of a group, and champion others to join. People we see our zeal about this and say this person really cares about this group, and its message, and we might want to see what he or she is all about. As they say one thing leads to another, and the rest is history.
Aug 3rd new
I agree! Going beyond our comfort zone allows us to grow, develop, and learn. It sparks our curiosity and leads to discoveries. When others see our renewed interest in life, it draws people to us.
Aug 3rd new
Nicely put, William. I sometimes think I left my comfort zone so far behind I don't think I could find my way back to it. Chuck Swindoll says, "A rut is just a grave with the ends kicked out."
Aug 3rd new
(quote) William-888220 said: Hello everyone, just want to put this thought out there for you all. When we have developed our zone of comfort, the routine of it can be alright at first. Over time this repetition can become tedious, and our lives can get into a rut so to speak. To spice it up a bit we all need to venture or break out of this zone, and get involved in other things. Also, visiting other places and mingling with people there will provide us a better chance at meeting more people, and making friends. Thus our social net expands and we can find our selves part of group, or cause, and we can begin to feel even more confident about exploring other avenues life. We over time can be a part of a group, and champion others to join. People we see our zeal about this and say this person really cares about this group, and its message, and we might want to see what he or she is all about. As they say one thing leads to another, and the rest is history.
commend you on so many worthy OP william ... I did get out of my rut and comfort zone by joining of course cm ..... lo behold found so many caring uplifting and wisdom in the members that it is first social group who truly care for you as a person to grow sprititual and as an individual in every aspect of one's life ....... although, finding someone truly special is still up in the works above ..... rose hug Praying Dove theheart rosary Dove rose rose rose
Aug 3rd new
The more lively the more attractive. Living in the comfort zone is quite detrimental to our becoming the best version of ourselves.
Aug 3rd new
BINGO. That's why I encourage new CM members to join us in the forums. For many, it's a huge step into something new...but I think in most cases the pay-off is pretty good.
Aug 3rd new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: BINGO.For many, it's a huge step into something new...but I think in most cases the pay-off is pretty good.
so when can I collect or reap the many rewards crossfingers hug shhh biggrin You get a Gold Star! ..............
Aug 3rd new
Start by counting all the forum folks who are fond of you, starting with me. wink
Aug 3rd new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Start by counting all the forum folks who are fond of you, starting with me.
guess should have said, WE.... (mutual as I'm fond of you too Marge wonderful wit and wisdom in the fora and everyone, I am truly bless and humble to be in all your presence rose hug Praying Dove crossfingers theheart rosary Dove rose rose :rose: )
Aug 3rd new
I think that it's very important to step out of one's comfort zone in order to grow and move forward in life. One of my favorite quotes summarizes this point of view quite well:

"Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out." ~James Bryant Conant
Posts 1 - 10 of 25